Zelda x Yiga! Reader

Male reader (sorry GN pals)

requested by CaptianGoodKnight

oh yeah it's angst

꧁--☾︎☁︎☽︎--꧂

The young princess and the Hyrulean Knight were out on a walk, as they found to enjoy in the company of each other.
Y/n was part of the Hyrulean Army, but after he saved the one and only Zelda during one of the many attacks taking place in Hyrule fields, the two found it difficuilt to not be toghether.
The things that they had in common, the beautiful feeling Zelda got when hanging out with him, were all huge answers to Zelda's question:
'do i really love him?'

While casually strolling around the parks in Hyrule Castle grounds, all that the Princess could think about was if the Knight felt the same.

In the army he always looked so stoic, and most of all, was one of the best, like he had duble of the training necessary,
but when Y/n was with her, he felt different, so open, so eager to get to know her it felt surreal.

"Princess Zelda" his low, smooth voice always gave her shivers.
She turned around, gazing under the metal helmet of the guard in front of her.
"I have a surprise for you, if you'll allow it of course"

Zelda's heart began pounding loudly inside her chest.

surely, the beautiful light from the sunset and the reflection of the dew on the velvet petals of the flowers wasn't helping at all.

The knight lend her his hand, gently bowing down.
Zelda tried scanning his emotions, and all she could take of it was...despair.

Zelda could only wonder what was going thru Y/n's head, but also 'why have a gift for her in the first place?' was her worry confirmed? did he love her as well?

The Knight reached behind his back.

Crimson red and gold talismans flew from behind him, and in the blink of an eye, not that Zelda really could have blinked, blood stained the sikle the Yiga sliced the princess' throat with.

Zelda's eyes were bloodshot, her mouth agape as she choked on her own blood.

Y/n stood, looking down at the now limp body of the newly found love he knew he couldn't have.

it would have been easyer to not protect her that day, make her perish on his own, but he didn't know. He didn't know what she was capable of, of her struggles, her hopes and dreams.

he had softened over the time they spent together.

after bending down to the corpes and checking for even the sign of pulse, that of course wasn't there, Y/n sighed.
He touched his face, meeting the hot tears that were flowing out of his eyes.
Why? he didn't feel pity now, did he?
he was a Yiga assasin! One of the best in the whole Clan! He had just resolved the worst problem his Master had ever had!

he should have felt pride, but was left with agony, a sharp pain in his heart and a bloodcurdliing headache.

There was only one thing left to do.

"Y/n! You're finally here! i REALLY hope the mission was a success but...i can't quite tell..." Master Kohga's annoying voice echoed thru the room he was usually in.

Y/n looked over at him, raising his head.

"I succeded" and with that, he raised the proncess' beheaded head in front of him.

꧁--☾︎☁︎☽︎--꧂
oops my bad this ain't what you tought ay?
vote and comment if you liked the chapter or the previous ones :)