"I'm bored," he shrugs. "How are things with the redneck?"

I wince at the mention of my husband. "Nothing's changed. That's why I'm here instead of walking the streets." If I'm being honest, my marriage is in shambles. There's a rift growing between us since I saved the man that held him captive and formed a friendship with him. I do everything and anything to avoid him. It's become harder the last two months since Siddiq put me on bed rest. Maggie has shunned me from Hilltop. Barely anyone outside of the friendly doctor, Charlee, Tori, Wren, Rick, and Michonne speak to me. Daryl seems to only tolerate me as I'm carrying our children. "Going to grow your hair out so I can braid it?" I tease, hoping for a change of subject.

Who knew Negan would end up as one of my closest friends.

Negan frowns, "that stress he's putting you through is why you got put on bed rest. Stress ain't good for those little angels and their mama." I grab my stomach as the pain hits me like freight train. I groan, whimpering. I close my eyes ticking of the seconds before it stops. "No, go to Siddiq. Now." Negan barks. I nod, getting up to close and lock his door behind me.

I make it to the steps before water splashes down my legs. I wince, grabbing the railing as pain sinks its claws into me for the umpteenth time. Strong arms wrap around my waist, I glance over seeing Rick helping me on the trek over to the infirmary. He spots Father Gabriel stalking down the road. "Hey! Someone get Daryl!" Rick orders, "Vanessa's having the babes!"

 "Hey! Someone get Daryl!" Rick orders, "Vanessa's having the babes!"

Charlee grips my hand, anxiously watching Sddiq feel the babies. With a frown, his dark eyes meet mine. "We need to do a c-section. One is in breech position." I swear, throwing my head back against the pillow. My hand seeks out my face, feeling hot tears stream out of my blue eyes. "I'm going to prep. Those babies will be here in the next two hours, and we will get you out of this alive, okay?"

I frantically glance at Charlee while Daryl follows Rick into the infirmary, "if I somehow don't survive, take care of them, and I want you to be the one to stop the turn," I plead. She nods under my request, knowing dancing behind her dark eyes. "Thank you," I whisper. She wraps her arms around my shoulders while I silently sob into her chest. I grip her back, holding on tight. I'm unsurprised that it's her at my side given the state of my marriage.

Daryl leans against the furthest corner of the room, looking at everyone but me, while Rick approaches the opposite side of my bed, "hey," he rubs my back, "you won't end up like Lori. You'll get to raise those babies. Siddiq's been working hard to make sure he has everything he needs in case this happened."

I breathe through the sobs and pain, "I'm fucking scared."

Rick chuckles, "you'll be fine. You're one of the strongest women I know. You'll be back to kicking ass soon." His gaze flicks between myself and Daryl, "remember, you've faced the dead and men trying to kill you. Nothing scares you. This is a cake walk in comparison."