"Actually, yes. Do you think we could get the table back there?", she pointed to the darkest corner of the bar. The table was further away from all the others but two customers were already seated there.

"I should charge you extra for that stuff, Layla. But yes, just give me a second." The woman shouted something into the kitchen behind the bar and then went over to the table that Kate had requested.

"Layla, mh? How often are you here that they know you by Name?", Natasha asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It's part of my cover. I am an unhappy business major who dreams of becoming a big musician."

"Wow. And how's that working out for you, Layla?", Natasha kept teasing her with the false name.

"I don't know what would you say?"The light tone of flirtation in Kate's voice surprised even herself but before Nat could answer, Mrs. Garcia gestured to Kate that the table now was free.

"Well, seems like our table's free now.", she said and took both beers in her hand.

"Lead the way.", Natasha extended her hand to show that the other woman should walk ahead. She watched as Kate stepped away and made her way through the crowd.

_______________________________________

They sat down and neither of them seemed to want to restart the conversation. Both took an awkward sip from their beer and Kate grimaced in revulsion.

"What?", Natasha asked laughing.

"That's just really, really bad beer."

"What do you know about beer?", Natasha asked still laughing. "Don't get me wrong, I agree, but still."

"Enough to know that this shouldn't be called beer.", she put the bottle down in front of her and leaned back.

"Are you even old enough to drink?", she asked more as a joke than anything else and took another sip.

"Depends on where in the world you are. In America? No. Europe? Yes."

Natasha choked on her drink. "Wait. You're not even twenty-one?", her mouth stayed open longer in surprise.

"Nope.", Kate smiled while taking another sip of her drink.

"How old are you?", she asked still a little shocked.

"Twenty.", Kate answered while tipping her head to the side.

"And how old do they think you are?"

"Twenty-three."

"Unbelievable.", Natasha shook her head in disbelief.

"I don't know. I thought I sell a twenty-three-year-old business major with dead dreams and ambitious parents pretty good.", she looked down and started again. "So, what about you? How old are you?"

"What? Haven't you read my file yet?", she asked with a played offense.

"Oh, I tried but it's not like I could read anything besides your actual name. They even blacked out your birthday as if they're afraid I'd send you birthday gifts in the future.", the irony in her voice was clear and made the agent laugh once again. "Have you read mine?"

"Nope. Fury said I would only get it if I talk to you first, so this is basically a blind date."

"I don't think Fury would like to hear you describe it like that. Not that I mind you calling this a date.", Kate's smile turned into a smirk.

"That's not how I meant it.", her voice dropped about half an octave when the shame rose inside her.

"I know, I'm just messing with you.", she stopped, and when agent Romanoff didn't reply she added, "So, how old are you?"