Samuel the Third [Sex scene]

Andreas and I fed on our gourmet burgers from Apato-Patties in my dining room on the Roman curule chairs. I say fed because ate implies that we finished them or came close. They nearly finished us. The patties are absurdly large and disproportionate in size to all the accompaniments combined.

They live up to their folklore. The Apatosaurus, a herbivore, was allegedly one of the largest creatures to walk the Earth. It is from the fictional clade Dinosauria. How could an animal with no additional mouths and no limbs to feed or protect itself out eat all others without becoming food itself? It couldn't.

It is merely one of the many laughable myths brought forth by the simulation. Still, I love the burgers because Andreas loves them.

He hasn't said anything about spending the night, but he's asked to shower, so that's a step in the right direction. I'm showing him to master suite. I couldn't be more pleased with how the day turned out, most notably, how the fiasco at the hospital expedited our union more quickly than I ever could've imagined.

It was the result of yet another unplanned risk that could've ruined everything. I've worked too hard for this, so I don't intend on taking more, but perhaps, there is credible science behind hot streaks.

All of my prior calculations predicted Andreas giving me an ultimatum that would've made our union impossible, but he didn't. There must be some unknown variable that went unaccounted for, some major event that drastically altered his way of reasoning.

Could it be the setting, the hospital, that made such a large inequality suddenly balance out? Andreas is not yet tethered to me, nor does he have strong feelings for Nehemiah, so it makes little sense that he'd deign himself to sharing someone lesser with someone less.

If that was what I truly thought, then why'd I take the risk, you ask? The only option without risk was choosing one and in that situation I will always be a gambler, double or nothing.

The master suite includes an Atlantis themed double bathroom, which is the perfect choice since I cannot assume Andreas's shower request is an invitation. This puts the onus on him. Its line of symmetry starts in between his and his pearl studded vanities and ends in the middle of a wall sized aquarium that holds a recreation of the underwater city.

The showers are separate ceiling units on either side of the vanities. A partial wall flanked by mossy roman pillars ensures privacy. One has Poseidon sculpted into it. The other, his husband Amphitrito.

Andreas takes his first step onto the mosaic tiles barefooted. "Okay, I'll admit that's cool," he says, bending down to touch them, "They look and feel like mermaid scales."

"They're also quite difficult to slip on. Added bonus," I say with a chuckle. His expression stales slightly. I smile as I step toward the nearest shower, making my choice apparent while I await his. "There are towels in the corner cabinets across from each shower."

I turn to find him distracted by the aquarium. He taps on the glass, but I resist commenting.

"The angelfish is my favorite, but that one's kind of meh," he says, "It's all white except for the black on its face and tiny stripe on its tail."

"Meh?" I soften my tone, "That's funny. What were you expecting?"

"I don't know, piranhas or something exotic."

He shrugs and pulls off his shirt. I pull off mine as well, but turn slightly to make my admiration less obvious. I don't say, "I'm fairly certain a fish that costs over $15,000 is exotic." I actually say, "It's a masked Angelfish. Perhaps, they're less common than you think."

He shrugs, but it turns into a shimmy when his eyes catch his reflection. I much prefer his torso to mine. My abs are more prevalent, but from malnutrition. I'm especially fascinated by his navel. It has perfect roundness and depth while mine is pinched vertically and nearly protruding. It's intimate details like these that I'm certain I'll love most about him.