Chapter 3

Character Introduction

Chloe Johnson- 27——————————

Chloe Johnson- 27
——————————

"Do you need something?" The woman who answers the door asks rudely.

So this is who he needed to have dinner with.

"Uh, yes. I'm looking for Ronan Quinn." Navia answers. She tries to sound confident in front of the tall, intimidating person.

"Oh, he's in the shower right now. What did you need?" The lady asks again, sounding very impatient.

"I'm here for the housekeeping job. Do you live here?" Navia asks. Maybe she was just a visiting cousin.

"Yes, I do. Row and I live here together," the lady says with a smirk.

Chloe noticed how Navia's shoulders deflated the second she opened the door. The girl was attracted to Ronan, who wouldn't be?

"My name is Chloe, but address me as Mrs. I'll be your boss since Row isn't home most of the day," Chloe says confidently. Navia just nods her head, completely defeated.

She moved forward to walk into the house but is blocked by Chloe's taller form. "Another thing, whatever thoughts are going around your mind about my Ronan better stop. He would've gone to a pet shop if he wanted an animal." Chloe says before walking into the house and disappearing.

Navia just stands there completely shocked by the other's blatant racism. Being a black woman, Navia sometimes sees looks being thrown her way or people mumbling rude things under their breath. But no one has ever been that straightforward before.

Charles walks up behind Navia, he hadn't heard the conversation that transpired but by the look on the young girl's face, he figured she had a run-in with Chloe.

"Don't worry about her," he tries to reassure her. "That woman is never pleasant to anyone." Navia just gives the kind man a closed smile and heads inside.

She walks into the house at the same time Ronan is coming down a huge set of stairs. His outfit is casual, with a white t-shirt and black slacks.

"Navia! You're here, how was the drive?" He asks enthusiastically.

"It was good. I liked seeing the area and Lionel was great company." Navia replies brightly. She decided against saying anything about Chloe.

She and Ronan obviously have some type of relationship and Navia didn't want to ruin her chances of a fresh start by getting in between that.

"Good, I'll show you around the house and then we can have dinner together. My friend Chloe will be joining us too. She lives here with me." Ronan explains. His friend, Navia repeats to herself.

Chloe didn't feel they were only friends. But would you if a man you were attracted to had you living in his house?

Ronan takes Navia around the bottom level first, it's the same layout as a regular home just twice the size. There is a foyer, kitchen, living room, and bathroom. A door leads to the backyard which has a large grass area and an L-shaped pool. A small shed sits in the far corner of the landscape.

The pair head back inside and to the basement. The main room is built like a movie theater with recliner chairs in rows and an eighty-five-inch flat screen.

There is a door off the side that leads to a miniature gym. Navia can't even begin to imagine what Ronan has done to have all of this. It's almost unreal to her.

After the basement, they go to the second floor of the house which contains three of the four bedrooms. Two are guest rooms and the other is Chloe's room. Both rooms are pretty standard but spacious; each contains a queen-sized bed, a couch, bedside table, and closet.

The last part of the house is on the third floor. It's smaller than the others with a door that leads out to the balcony and another door that opens to Ronan's bedroom.

He opens the door and Navia is met with a darker room. It's dimly lit with a king-sized bed in the middle. There is a floor-to-ceiling glass wall and a couch on the opposite side. A desk sits near the bed accompanied by a rolling chair. The closet is an open part of the space and another door leads to the bathroom.

"Alright, now that the tour is over we can have dinner. Wh-" Before he can finish his sentence, Ronan's phone rings. He looks down at the caller ID, "Sorry, I have to take this." He explains before answering.

Navia decides to wait outside the room while he takes the call. She's in the hall for about five minutes until she hears an angry voice.

"What are you doing?" Chloe screeches. She changed her clothing and is now in small shorts along with a very revealing tank top.

"I was waiting fo-" Navia tries to explain but is cut off.

"No!" Chloe exclaims while rushing up the steps, her breasts bouncing with no bra on. Navia tries to take a step back once they come face to face but before she can react, she is slapped in the face.

"I told you to stay away from him! I told you he is mine!" Chloe yells, not thinking rationally anymore.

"I swear I wasn't trying anything. I'm just doing my job!" Navia pleads while ignoring the stinging sensation on her face.

"Nonsense, you're doing anything but your job. There is no reason for you to be waiting outside his door like some lost little slut." Chloe says. Navia has never been one for confrontation and she doesn't want the situation to escalate.

"I'm sorry, I'll go," Navia says, turning her back on the angry woman.

Suddenly she feels the pressure of a hand on her back and is thrown down the stairs. At the same time, Ronan's door opens. "What is going on here?" He asks just in time to see Chloe's hands pushing Navia down the steps.

"NAVIA!" He yells in a frightened tone. He tries to catch her before her head hits the ground but he's too late.

The second the thud is heard on the ground, Navia's whole world goes black.
——————————

Thank you for reading!

Please comment, vote, and follow for more

Word Count: 1,030

Question of the Day: What puts you in a good mood?

Xx,
Kasey