FIRST STAIRCASE TO LOVE- FRIENDSHIP

IN CONTINUATION FROM LAST PART

IN MITHILA ( THE MORNING BEFORE MITHILA FAMILY DEPARTS FOR AYODHYA )

IT WAS ALMOST MIDNIGHT , URMILA REACHED THE PALACE GARDENS , SHE SAW SITA WAS TAKING A GENTLE RIDE ON THE SWING. SHE CAREFULLY DREW OUT A BEAUTFUL WOODEN BOX , AND SPED TOWARDS SITA

" DIDI , I HAVE FINALLY FOUND OUT WHAT WE SHOULD BE GIFTING TO THE THIRD AYODHYAN PRINCE " .....SHE SHOUTED AT THE TOP OF HER VOICE

"Urmi......shush......, all the birds in the aviary are deep asleep , why are you hell bent on waking them up ", Said a slightly amused Sita swinging merrily.

" Oh ho Didi.... It seems that in the over excitement to go to Ayodhya , you have forgotten that we still need to complete the work assigned by the two Supreme commanders of our Palace" , urmila sat beside sita on the swing.

"Supreme Commanders , who ?? " , Sita was curious.

" Maa And Chaachi, Who Else " , Laughed Urmila

" Maa ke Baare mein aise bolti ho , Bataun kya unhe " , Sita lightly patted her sister's head

" Haan Haan Bata do Didi , aapko to wasie bhi maza aaega na iss dukhiyaari nanhi si bachi ko daant khaate dekh " , urmila put her hand on her forehead while pouting her lips , acting overdramatically

" Dukhiyaari Nanhi si bacchi ? Yeh kaun hai ? As far as I Know , my soul sister is a devil , u know that , don't you . You know I can't see you get hurt from anyone, That I will stand in front of you as your shield if you get scolded , hence you emotionally blackmail me " , said Sita nodding in Disbelief .

" Aap to rehne do didi , maa aur pitaji don't say anything to you , Its this poor Urmila who faces their Wrath . Wo baat alag hai ki meri aur Maansi ki harkatein bhi daant khaane waali hi hoti hain, par aap par to vishesh prem hai unka , aur hoga kyu nahi ,when they found you while ploughing in the rice field , your arrival ushered an era of happiness in our kingdom" , Urmila said in a genuine Praise for her sister.

No sooner had Urmila Spoken those words Out of her mouth , she realized the Blunder she had done, for when she slowly gazed to her left , she saw the smile on Sita's Face vanish slowly and steadily , which was followed by a lone tear in Sita's eyes.

" Didi , I am so sorry , I really didn't mean to bring up the topic of your birth like this . Please forgive me . I am really stupid , I sometimes absolutely don't think before speaking" , Urmila said with a lot of guilt , placing her head on her sister's chest.

In the meanwhile , Sita too composed herself.

" My Urmi dear , don't even think of apologizing , I really cherish what you feel about me. What the truth is , will never change . And we should never try to supress it. The thing that does matter is that it affects us negatively or not. ", Sita gently moved her hands through Urmila's braids.

" Are you sure you are not upset with me didi , U know u are the last person I will ever want to hurt " , Urmila was on the verge of crying.

" Arey Nahi Baba , why will I be upset. Don't I know how much you love me, and you know the best part I like about you is this blabbering you do without thinking , because through it only the truth comes out from one's mouth, and I am grateful you think so highly of me. We may not be related by blood , But I promise I will be always with you , as we related by our souls." , Sita wiped tears of Urmila's face with her hands, which were now flowing freely.

" Acha leave all this , come show me what you selected for Rajkumar Lakshman " , Sita asked.

Urmila put her hand inside her gown pocket , and put forth in front of her a green emerald stoned Ring. The emerald Stone of the ring had a name carved on it beautifully and neatly