CHAPTER 24: The Dance

"Would you like a drink"

"Would you like a drink". The waiter said with a tray of glasses of champagne.

"No thanks. "I say as Leo reaches for one and gulps it down in one go and puts the empty glass back on the tray, the waiter smiles and walks away.

I sigh feeling nervous for tonight, what if things don't go to plan, I've known dad all my life to know that a 'plan B' means a blood bath.

"Don't be nervous, it will be fine, and if it doesn't we have a plan for that too."Leo says looking around the room.

"Leo I say stopping in the middle of the room. " I saw Massimo putting guns in the car, if me and you can't persuade Damon that we're engaged what's going to happen?..Are you going to kill him and bring more War for years to come?" I ask already knowing the answer but not wanting to hear it.

He stands in front of me and stares into my eyes scanning my entire face before stepping closer to me " I will if I have to".

I scoff "Why is everything about violence to you people?" Leo rolls his eyes "Aurora stop acting like your not the daughter of Ace de Luca, he used to be ruthless before meeting Victoria,and what do you think is going to happen hmm, do you think Damon will just leave in peace?"

"No of course not" I say. "And you know what I meant, all I'm saying is you don't have to be violent to be a good mafia Don Leo." I try to reason with him.

"This will work Aurora, just play the part and we will be fine." I nod taking his arm and making our way towards the dance floor. I spot Damon and his son Vincent at the opposite end of the room watching us.

"Damon's watching us."I whisper into Leo's ear." I knew he would, the fucker has some nerve". His grip on my waist tightened as he spoke.

"Remember what you said Leo, we just have to dance, it will be fine". I say looking up at him. He smiles a little his grip loosening.

We finish the dance making sure to look at each other lovingly and show affection. As the dance ends, the room echoes with applauses from the people. I wrap my arms around Leo's neck and he follows, he wraps his arms around my waist lovingly. I smile as my face touches his, I pull away and look up at him. He looks into my eyes and then down to my lips.

He smiles before leaning down and placing a kiss on my lips, I smile as he pulls away, that was bound to persuade Damon of the truth.

We leave the dance floor holding hands and looking at each other, one thing going through my mind.

What's the future going to be like? Will me and Leo have a future where we're happy together with our child.

I will tell Leo I'm pregnant, but I'm not ready yet, I'm beyond terrified on how he's going to react to it, what if he doesn't want anything to do with our child.. but what if he'll be happy and can't wait to be a father.

I don't know, this Is a mess, there's a million scenarios racing through my head on how the conversation could go but I always go back to the worst possible one.

I try to ignore the thoughts as I sit down at the table. I put my hand on my stomach and glance at it, there is long table cloths spread out on the table so no one can see me and figure it out, I look at Leo who is busy looking around the room.

I look to where he's looking to see Damon and Vincent walking towards our table.

"Good evening Leo and Aurora, that was an epic dance truly." Vincent mocks sitting down.

"Thank you". I say smiling knowing that it was an epic dance. "Asshole". I whisper, Leo heard and smiled.

Damon sits down next to Leo"My apologies for my sons behaviour, and really it was an epic dance and I believe you so I'm backing off." He says, Vincent shakes his head and leaves the table.

"Why now?" Leo asks. Damon looks at him confused. "I told you I proposed to Aurora and you still didn't believe us and yet you believed it over a dance." I look at Leo trying to warn him, what is he doing?

"I didn't believe you because you just told me you were in love I needed to see it in front of my eyes and I did." Damon says looking at both me and Leo.

"You see, by the way you both look at each other I can tell your in love,  if this was all a scheme I honestly don't care, you two are in love."I look at Leo who is looking at Damon intensely.

"And I'm not going to bother trying to take the mafia's from you because it will end in failure.. For me that is."

"So that's it, you will leave our families in peace."Leo asks leaning forward.

"That's it."He replies." Have a good evening". Damon says getting up. "You too". I smile as he walks away.

I look at Leo, "That's it Leo we're done". Leo takes a drink "Yeah finally". He says getting up and leaving. I stay sitting down and look out for Massimo, so we can finally go home.

A few minutes later Leo came back "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes". I smile getting up.

Later.....

"Finally". I say lying back on my bed, suddenly a wave of nausea washes over me and I race to the toilet.

A few minutes of sitting next to the toilet I get up and run myself a bath. I go back to my room and take off my dress. I got my phone and made my way to the bathroom. I put on some music and got in.

The warm water instantly relaxes my muscles, my nausea slowly goes away, I lay my hand on my stomach and smile at the small bump.

I'm going to tell my family I'm pregnant tomorrow.