12. Fine Fat Trout

Joffrey was at the small council meeting. Smiling widely practically bouncing with joy when tyrion arrived.

'Killed a few puppies today?' Tyrion question sitting down, at the opposite end.

'Show him show him' Joffrey said excitedly master pycelle handed over the note but it slipped from his fingers

'Apologies my Lord, old hands.' Tyrion bent over snatching it off the ground reading through the note

'Rosalyn caught a fine fat trout her brothers gave her a pair of wolf pelts for her wedding signed Walder Frey... Is that bad poetry or is it supposed to mean something?' Tyrion questioned

'Robb stark is dead,' Joffrey said 'killed him and his bitch mother.' He turned his attention to master pyeclle. 'write back to Lord Frey tell him thank you for his service and command him to send Robb starks head I'm going to serve it to Sansa at my wedding feast!'

'Your Grace lady Sansa is your aunt by marriage.' Varys reminded him.

'A joke.' Cersei said 'Joffrey did not mean it.'

'Yes I did' he told his mother 'I'm going to have it served to sansa at my wedding feast.' Joffrey informed

'No.' Tyrion declared. 'she is no longer yours to torment.'

'Everyone is mine to torment' Joffrey corrected 'you do well to remember that you little monster.'

'Oh monster.' Tyrion said 'perhaps you should speak to me more softly then... monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies.' The room went silent, as everyone else turned to Joffrey. Joffrey turned to his grandfather appalled.

'I could have your tongue out for saying that.'

'Let him make his peace,' tywin told him 'he's a bitter little man.'

'Lord Tyrion should apologize immediately,' Pycelle said 'it is unacceptable disrespectful and in very bad taste.'

'I am the king!' Joffrey yelled 'I will punish you!'

'Any man who must say I am the king is no true king.' Tywin told him. 'now make sure you understand that when I won your war for you.'

'My father won the real war he killed prince rhaegar he took the crown! While you hid on Casterly rock!' Joffrey shouted at him

'The king is tired see him to his chambers.' Tywin said calmly and cersei got up leading him out.

'Come on we have so much to celebrate, a wedding to plan you must rest.' Cersei told him pulling him away.

'Grandmaster perhaps some essence of nightshade to help him sleep.' tywin suggested.

'I am not tired.' Joffrey shouted

'Come,' Cersei told him grabbing his hand. But Joffrey refused to move. 'Come on my sweet.' Finally Joffrey left, everyone followed suit, except for tyrion, the kings bed time meant an early night for all of them.

'Not you.' Tywin said as Tyrion got up to leave as well.

'You just sent the most powerful man in westeros this to bed without his supper.' Tyrion told him

'You're a fool if you believe that he is the most powerful man in Westeros.' tywin told him

'A treasonous statement. Joffrey is King.' Tryion teased a smile pulled at his lips,

'You really think a crown will give you power?' Tywin questioned.

'No,' tyrion admitted 'I think armies give you power. Robb Stark had one never lost a battle and you defeated him all the same. Oh I know Walder Frey gets all the credit or the blame I suppose depending on your allegiance Walder Frey is many things but a brave man no... He never would have risked such an action if he didn't have certain insurances.' Tyrion told them.

'Which he has gotten from me, you disapprove?' tywin questioned.

'I'm all for cheating this is war.' Tyrion reminded him 'but to slaughter them at a wedding?'

'Explain to me why does it make it more noble to kill 10,000 men in battle then it does to kill a few dozen over dinner?' tywin questioned

'So that's why you did it? To save lives?' Tyrion questioned turning back to his father.

'To end the war, to protect the family.' Tywin corrected 'you want to write a song for the dead starks go ahead write one. I'm in this world a little while longer to defend a Lannister's to defend the frosts to defend my blood.'

'The Northerners will never forget.' Tyrion told him

'Good let them remember what happens when they march on the south.' Tywin said 'all the stark men are dead. Winterfell is a pile of rubble, Bolton will be named warden of the north until your son by Sansa comes of age,' tywin told him 'and on that I believe you still have some work to do on that score.'

'Do you think she will open her legs for me after I tell her how you murdered her mother and brother?' Tyrion questioned incredulously.

'One way or another you will get that girl pregnant.' Tywin told him.

'I will not rape her' Tyrion informed him.

'Should I explain to you one easy lesson, how the world works?' tywin questioned.

'Use small words I'm not as bright as you.' Tyrion joked.

'The house that puts family first will always defeat the house that puts the whims and wishes of its sons and daughters first. A good man does everything in his power to better his family's position regardless of his own selfish desires. Does that amuse you?' tywin questioned.

'No that is a very good lesson only it's easy for you to preach when it's you that is making all of the decisions.' Tyrion declared.

'Easy for me is it?' Tywin questioned,

'When have you ever done something that wasn't in your interest? That was solely for the benefit of the family?' Tyrion questioned.

'the day that you were born,' he declared 'I wanted to carry you into the sea and watch the waves wash you away.' he admitted 'Instead I let you live, I saved you anyways. I brought you up as my son. Because you are a Lannister.' Tywin told him marching out. Tyrion let out a pained breath, collapsing to his knees.

+

"The deed is done." Tywin said when he got back and Willow stared at him a moment longer. "Walder... a raven was sent." Tywin couldn't say it out loud, he knew how close Willow had gotten to Sansa. Willow nodded stiffly walking past him. "I'm sorry it had to be this way." Tywin admitted.

"You got what you wanted." Willow reminded him. Tywin felt like they had taken one step forward until to take three steps back as he walked out.

Joffrey smirked down at sansa as he delivered the news. Willow grabbed Joffrey by the back of the neck.
"Joffrey, bed time." Willow instructed pinching his neck. "Go on. Little boys have bed times, and it is well past your curfew.'

"I am the king!" Joffrey shouted.
"Bed time." Willow repeated giving him a push down the hall.

"They-' Sansa began as Willow hugged her tight.

"I'm so sorry." Willow whispered hugging her. "I'm so sorry."

"You family." Sansa sobbed but she didn't let go of Willow.

"My cunt family." Willow agreed. "I'm so sorry." It was all she could say. Sorry, over and over again. Willow was the bargaining chip, she was the reason Sansa's family was dead. If she hadn't married Tywin... but someone else would have and either way her family would be dead eventually. Willow didn't come back to her room that night she stayed with Sansa as she cried herself to sleep.