He kneels in front of Carl, handing out a gun. "Now I want you to take this. You take it, Carl, and you keep your mother safe. You do whatever it takes. You know how. Go on, take the gun and do it."

Nina notices how Lori freezes, shocked that he would offer her son a gun as if he had that right. Nina steps in his view and access of the two Grimes' slightly pushing Carl behind her with her free arm so that she's in front of him. "What is wrong with you? Hershel said no guns. So did Rick."

"Oh shit." They all turn to see what T-dog was talking about. Rick and Hershel were coming out of the woods with walkers on sticks so that they couldn't get away, Jimmy was getting the walkers attention by clapping so that they would try to get him and move forward.

"What is that?" Shane repeats, running off. Nina rolls hers eyes at his dramatics.

Everyone else follows, wanting explanations as to what fresh hell occurred to cause this. Nina can practically smell the next half hour; Shane kills these two walkers then stomps towards the barn. And it's going to end with all of these walkers dead.

Nina stands a ways away from Lori and Carl, both of the Grimes watching in shock as Shane raises his gun and shoots.

Nina can't help but wonder the whole time why Shane took on this path. The whole time she's 'known' him the unpredictability and danger sticks to him like gum under a shoe. She understands he just wants to eliminate threats, that's what you need to accustom to in order to live to see another day, but to shoot up the Greene's fantasies and hopes their family is only sick? He's going about it all wrong.

She knows what it's like to push something off as what it isn't really: to deny. So to see Hershel drop to his knees as the harsh and cruel reality kicks him down is heartbreaking. The reality of it all rushing towards him at once and it hurts to see him realize the whole time his wishes and prayers and hopes were for nothing. The glint in his eyes as the shield he had around the world crumbles and he slowly comes to terms that it wasn't just some flu, and you can't get better afterwards.

Looking around she realizes that all of the Greene's and or friends of them hadn't come to that realization till that point either as they all tear up and back away a few. Even Maggie cries out, still having a bit of a hard time coming to terms.

The chaos is inevitable as gunfire echos throughout the air around the farm. Glenn spares a glance at Maggie who nods her head and lets him know he's welcome to join seeing now as the walkers are out and posing threats to her family.

Even though she's lost in her own mind she's able to hear the two things trailing her way and pulls the hidden pocket knife out of her bra, thrusting her arm at its head and the point of the knife slices clean through its brain. The other is taken down by a hole to the head courtesy of Daryl who had been watching out for her in particular the second the barn doors opened.

Nina sends him a smile that practically sends him to the barn himself before he turns back around to help the others.

They eventually kill all of them, looking around at the mess. Cicada's and heavy breathing is the only thing that can be heard until another small growl is heard. It sounded like it was just one more.

Shuffling is sounded out, it was making its way towards them. The sun beams down on it the doors in anticipation before a tinier figure drags out. It was Sophia.

Nina had never met the girl, but she heard lots, and based on Carols reaction, Nina was right on the money.

Everyone stops in shock and grief, even Shane halts at the impact of this revelation. Of course he talked his talk about how the girl was most likely dead, but it was still surprising to see her this way.