Chapter 1

CW: murder, violence, bloodshed.

Author's Note: Wentworth Tozier is played by Zachary Quinto. I can't post an image here so just look him up if you don't know who he is. And Aaron is played by Elliot Grihault.

"My son you must marry," Samuel said to Billy.

"I can't marry until I'm six and ten anyway!" He retorted.

"No, but it is best to be engaged now than later. You might miss out on great opportunities. You might even miss out on a true love match."

He rolled his eyes. In this day and age, it was impossible for a highborn to find a spouse that loves them, and only them.

"You cannot rely on your brother to have children."

"But he's the Crown Prince, not me."

Samuel sighed and leaned in to whisper. "Because I fear your brother won't do his duty of having children. If that happens, you need to have already been wed."

He rolled his eyes.

"But what if I want to take another man as my spouse?" He asked bluntly. Thinking of that one handsome boy from Harper Castle.

Gay marriage was completely legal for everyone, commoner or noble. But even a monarch has to have kids for the good of the realm.

Samuel stopped in his tracks, nodded his head, and leaned in. Being much taller than his teen son, them being 6'0" and 5'3 respectively.

"Even if you do have a husband, you might need to have a concubine."

He sighed and accepted defeat, "When should we send word?"

"Tonight and tomorrow. And then we'll hold the consort pageant. I'm sure there will be many who want your hand. Especially lords."

"If any of them are older than you-"

"I'll chop their heads off." He did a gesture, slicing his neck with his finger.

"Dad!"

He laughed, and his son with him. The two were incredibly close. Samuel's love for his family was like a fire that both warmed and burned.

...

"Come forward," Billy said to the line of ladies and lords. Aaron was on his right side along with the Lord Thomas Yamada of Wrangler Castle. Who's a horse trader that owns many stables. And exactly where they were. He was an older man with glasses and greying dark hair. Along with brown monolid eyes. Meanwhile, his brother was the spitting image of their father: dark, thick hair and hazel eyes. He was the older brother. An irony since he had a softer face than his younger brother.

"You nominated your own daughter?" Billy said to him. The girl looked like him. But she was younger than Billy. And wore her hair in a braid style.

"I'm hosting this damn pageant. Why would I waste this opportunity?"

She then spoke, "And besides you know my older brother, Bruce."

"Right..." Said boy would have his head if he went after his sister. Someone who had a good sword arm.

"Next!"

"Sorry, my lord," Aaron apologised.

"It's fine, she will marry someday."

Amy went to the right side of the room. Where the rejects were. Of course, she could've left if she wanted to. But her father was there.

The next one came, another little girl.