It's over

800 years ago

One week after Felix's demise, Jisung was determined to end the war for good.

-I have a plan, he told Changbin.

-Jisung, there must be another choice. This is beyond risky, Seungmin said worried sick.

-There isn't. Too many people died under my eyes. I can't watch any more souls being torn apart. I need your help, Sir Changbin!

The latter was kneeling once again in front of his king.

He looked up and saw Jisung's empty eyes still mourning his friends.

-What can I do for you, Your Highness? he humbled himself this time.

There was no room for protesting.

He felt outraged too. Seeing his friends dying. Seeing Felix burned alive. He wanted to end the war too.

-I kept him here in case he could provide useful information, but he resisted every torture, Jisung pushed the doors open revealing a man from the enemy army tied up, all covered in blood and dirt.

-A prisoner? Changbin asked.

He wasn't aware of that.

-He tried to pursue prince Chan to join him back home. The prince brought him to me, Jisung explained.

-I won't tell you anything! I won't betray my people! the man screamed, his face was red and full of veins climbing up his forehead.

-You won't need to, Jisung replied, taking his sword out of the sheath.

With a single move he pierced right through the man's stomach, making him fall to the ground.

-Your Highness! Why? Changbin asked shocked.

-He wasn't of use anymore. I need his armor cleaned now. You will wear that.

-Pardon me?

-You will dress as one of them and pretend that you caught me. You will take me to the castle where I will finally have a talk with the queen.

-By "talk", you mean...

-Talk, Jisung smiled.

-Take care of yourself, please! Seungmin said while painting Jisung's face with mud.

He needed to look dirty and beaten up for their story to become believable.

-I will. Will you be alright here?

-Of course! I am the heir. You can count on me, Seungmin smiled at his brother. Be safe! You're the only one I got left, Seungmin looked down sadly.

Jisung's plan worked. A little too well.

Changbin walked with a chained-up king through a path made between soldiers of the Liliac Kingdom, all laughing, pointing at their enemy and kicking him in the legs to make him trip. One of them even punched him in the stomach.

Jisung shut down his eyes and breathed slowly, calming himself down.

A royal guard told Changbin to take the king to the dungeon and wait there until the Queen would come to decide his fate.

Once he found himself behind the bars, Jisung took off his chains and took a dagger from under his shirt.

-Should I stay here with you, Your Highness?

-No. Leave us alone. I wanna enjoy it, Jisung said looking deadly in Changbin's eyes.

The latter bowed and went to the exit when he spotted a familiar figure.

He looked to the right and saw Chan with his back facing him.

-Your Highness! Prince Chan! Can you hear me? Please wake up! he yelled through the bars.

-You must be new, a thief said grinning from another cell.

That smirk was revealing his missing teeth.

-What do you mean?

-Poor boy died two days ago. He refused to eat. The Queen gave him endless alternatives. He refused to go back to her. Now he is all bones and meat ready to root.

Changbin looked at Chan's corpse, feeling his heart squeezing inside his chest.

Another friend of his has died. And he couldn't do anything to help him.

-Isn't this a delightful sight for my eyes? The little boy who came to me with a crown and told me how powerful he was is now my hostage, the Queen laughed. I won. I finally won! Your kingdom is mine. I'm sure your father would love to know how you ruined his beloved kingdom. That man was sure stubborn. I had to come up with a stupid marriage to even get close to the castle. You're not so brave and powerful as you claimed that day in my palace, aren't you? Sometimes the rumors are true. "The heir of the kingdom is a helpless little boy, spoiled by the servants and unable to protect himself or rule people", she smirked looking at Jisung gripping hard on the bars. You couldn't even stop your friend from drinking that tea. Poor boy trusted you with his whole heart and ended up dying for you. That's what happens when you give up on your true origins.

She was satisfied to see Jisung's misery plastered all over his face.

The boy was looking down with tears in his eyes.

She wanted to enjoy that look, so she placed her index finger under his chin and lifted it.

-Kneel before m-

Suddenly her eyes grew up wide. Jisung took the dagger and stabbed her in the neck, then watched her fall to the ground.

-You are the one who shall kneel before me, he said looking in pure disgust at her body.

-Your Highness! Changbin came to see the scene. Is she...

-Death. We won, he said with a dull voice.

Changbin broke into a smile full of relief.

-It's finally over, he mumbled.

-Oh, it's far from being over.

-What? he looked confused at the king.

-I want this kingdom to be burned to the ground. I want to see the soldiers burn.

-Your Highness, there are families who live here! They did nothing wrong. They just listened to their queen's orders.

-If they did nothing wrong, they will come to my kingdom to save their lives. If not, let them die with their queen here. Burn them all! I have to go after the last member of the royal family.

Changbin was left speechless.

That was the moment Jisung died inside.

If before he was motivated by the desire to revenge Minho and his friends, now he had nothing.

Everything had been taken away from him.

As a result, he took his father's path. Which was about to lead to consequences.