Write that down

800 years ago

The first thing Minho did after he woke up was to check on the prince.

However, when he went to his room, he found the bed empty, yet everything at its place like it never has been someone sleeping there.

He looked through the house and spotted the boy in the garden, next to Minho's father's grave.

Jisung was writing something in a book when Minho approached him and laid on the grass.

-Good morning, your Highness! What are you doing this early in the morning?

-Good morning! I was just writing.

-Next to my father's grave? Is that how inspiration works?

-No, not at all, Jisung protested, scared of how Minho might have interpretated the situation. I just enjoy the sound of the wind and I am sure he does too.

-Am I rude if I dare to ask what are you writing?

-Some notes about the village. What I have to fix. A good ruler should do that. Write down problems, so he can find solutions.

Minho was impressed by that. He knew Jisung cared deeply for his people, but the amount of effort he was putting even though everyone was underestimating him, was amazing.

The soldier's eyes feel on his name written messily on one of the pages.

-Why is my name there? he asked shameless. Do I need to be fixed too?

-No. It's just... I wrote down some details about you. Details, so I can make you feel more comfortable around me, Jisung replied shyly.

-Details?

Jisung nodded, debating in his head if he should read it or not.

-Details like your name, age, features... That you hate flowers, bright colours and mainly everything cheerful. You love your mother and your father, obviously. You are cranky and stubborn. You get angry easily and you overwork yourself all the time. I also noticed your shirt is sewed in a clumsy way. I believe is because you didn't want to make your mother sew it, so you just did it yourself. You blink a lot when you get startled or surprised, just like now. And you have a scar on your stomach, probably from a fight. That's why you don't lift your sword in air when you are dueling. And you feel more safe with the armour on. You can correct me if I mistook something.

Minho was too stunned to speak. Jisung read him like an open book in such short amount of time.

-Did you write down all of this?

Jisung started chuckling, revealing the most beautiful smile Minho has ever seen.

-There is one more thing, Jisung said enjoying Minho's reactions.

-What it is?

-You are shy. You cannot even call me by my name. I told you million of times. I am no old man with a heavy crown on my head. As far as I am concerned, I am still a simple man.

-You are a prince.

-But my name is not "prince" or "your Highness".

-Jisung.

The latter's eyes widen in amaze. He was so excited that his heart was doing laps inside his chest.

Minho's cheeks were stained with a rosy pigment that grew up to his forehead once Jisung approached his face to Minho's.

-I shall note this moment. I cannot possibly forget the first time you called me by my name, he said taking the book in his hand.

-I will be punished if your servants hear me calling you by your name, your-... Jisung.