Chapter 4

Jimin's POV:

I was standing there in front of my car, trying to understand what this girl was trying to do. She wasn't hurt, and I was willing to pay for everything, yet she was crying her eyes out. I couldn't help but notice her features. She had caramel-coloured skin, a little nose resting right in the middle of her face, and her cheeks looked a bit chubby, but not too much. She was beautiful.

Shit! What was I even thinking? I need to get my thoughts straight. I need to go back to my apartment quickly. I better deal with this without causing a fuss.

I picked up one of the pages that had flown out of her hand. They were from the Khwanga Real Estate. Good thing I had connections there. I quickly dialled the director's number on my phone and spoke to him.

Y/N's POV:

You were standing in front of the man who had just caused you a great deal of inconvenience and looking at the now dirty papers of your copywriting job. Though this job brought you the least amount of money out of all others, you still needed it. You tried picking up a dirty page to clean it, but the man picked it up before you could.

He read something on it and almost instantly called someone. You had no idea what they had spoken, you couldn't hear him as his voice was muffled by his mask. 

As you stood there, you felt so powerless, so weak, so hopeless. You felt a new wave of tears rushing in. You tried your best to not cry, but you failed. 

Were you even crying because of the documents? Or was something else bothering you?

"Agassi," the man spoke. You looked at him through your wet eyelashes. "I just called your employer. You don't need to worry about your pay getting cut. You will in fact receive a week's worth pay without working. And before you blame me for pitying you, I didn't do this out of pity. It was an apology from my side for disrupting your work. I wanted to pay for the medical bills, but since you're not hurt anywhere, this is how I'll apologise."

You didn't know how to feel. Should you feel happy because you would get paid for free? Should you be thankful to the stranger for making this possible for you? Or should you be angry at him for making you feel worthless? You had always been the one to exercise your connections the way he just did, but now you were on the receiving end.

"Thank you," was all you could say before you saw the man turn his back on you and drive away in his car.

You picked up the papers on the road, threw them in the bin on the side of the road, and started walking towards your aunt's house. You were so tired, all you wanted was your aunt's homemade food and sleep.

*** TIME SKIPS ***

"Y/N!" your aunt called out early in the morning. You had woken up early for your job as a cashier at the convenience store. "Come downstairs and have your breakfast. I have to leave for work earlier today!" she shouted.

You came down after having a bath. "Good morning, emo!" you greeted. As your eyes met hers, you noticed that she was trying to avoid eye contact with you, it seemed like she was nervous to tell you something. 

It couldn't have been bad news about your parents, could it? The thought of it alone scared you. You mustered up the courage to ask her what was wrong. 

"Emo," you started, your voice low, "Is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah," she stuttered, serving the food and handing you your chopsticks. "Everything's fine. What can go wrong?" she continued, laughing uneasily.

"You can tell me anything you want, emo. I'm all ears, really," you said, as you stuffed a spoonful of rice in your mouth.

"Actually, I think that it is time for you to get a real job now."

"A real job? How am I supposed to land one when I have no qualifications whatsoever except a high school diploma?"

"Y/N, dear, HYBE Labels posted a job vacancy on Twitter.  I want you to apply," your aunt said, handing you her phone with the announcement open on her screen.

You read out loud---- 

Vacancy present for a Translator for BTS.
Minimum Qualification required - Masters in English with native fluency in Korean.
Must possess good managerial skills and should be able to travel wherever the k-pop group goes.
If you feel qualified for the job, submit a one-minute video on Twitter in English, tagging HYBE Labels, stating why we should hire you. Provide your name and phone number. We will not accept entries after 10 am KST tomorrow.
Selected candidates will be called in for an interview.

"Emo, I don't think they'll even consider me. The minimum requirement is a Masters in English. I'm a high school graduate."

"Y/N, think strategically. They're not asking for your resume. They might ask for it during the interview, but let's not think about it right now. You're fluent in five languages, dear. I think you should at least post the video and see where it takes you."

You knew she was right. But after everything that had happened, you had lost your self-confidence. 

"But, emo, is it worth my time? I'll not pass the interview anyway."

"You know I work as a fashion stylist at HYBE, right? I'll pull some strings and make sure that I convey your situation to them so that they give you the job."

"Emo, it's okay. You don't have to go that far for me. I'll work hard and find a job myself."

"Be realistic, Y/N. Who will give a college dropout like you any job? I know you feel guilty staying with me. I know you want to go back to college. I'm trying to help you, alright? Just post the video and we'll see what happens after that. I'll leave for work now," she said, getting up.

Working with BTS was not something that anyone could do. They were the biggest boy band in the world, they had an insane fandom and also a great reputation on the global platform. How could you convince yourself that you might get a chance to work with them?

Your aunt wasn't wrong. Anyone who's fluent in Korean and English can be hired. Why did they specify such qualifications? 

You were contemplating whether to record the video or not when your phone started ringing. You picked up the call from the unknown number, and as you heard the voice, tears welled up in your eyes.

***********************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Hey, bookworms! Comment down who you think called Y/N. Why did she become tearful? Also, do you think she would record and post the video?

If you were given such an opportunity to work with BTS, how would you feel?