CHAPTER 19

*DEVON MCKNIGHT*

My heart is beating faster than normal as I watch the clock ticks towards the end of the office hours. I promised William that I will tell him what happened to me. I have to tell him.

Then it strikes six. That is the time that our office hours end.

"Let's go?" William said with a smile on his face. I felt so bad, cause I know that smile won't be there after we talk. "Where do you want to talk?"

"Anywhere you want." I said.

"Well, let's go to a place where I know you will love."

He brought me to restaurant, this time it's an expensive restaurant. I looked around, this the first time that brought me to this kind of place.

"You like it?" he asked.

"Yeah, but why here?"

He grabbed my hand closed to his chest and smiled. "Well this is the first time that I'm going to celebrate out monthsary together with you..." he said. I gasp as I am going to cry, he remembered. "..I know it's too cheesy and stuff but, I just want to show you how sincere I am to you." He continued. I can't hold on the tears anymore, the guilt and regret are overwhelming.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, wiping away my tears with his gentle hands, as he led me to sit on our table.

"I'm sorry, it's just that.... I can't...I can't do this anymore." I choked as those painful words went out in my mouth.

His mouth opened slightly as he was trying to comprehend the words that I just said. "What do you mean?" he said, the smile on his face withered.

"I'm sorry William." I can't face him anymore; it just hurts me to say this things to the man had been true to me all this time. I ran outside the restaurant. I was crying outside while running, but I felt a hand that grabbed my wrists. It's William.

"Tell me why?" He demanded, now his face is all confused and worried at the same time.

No matter how lame it was, but the lamest excuse that man ever invented popped into my mind. "It's not your fault or anything, it's just.." I didn't finish.

"That bull shit Dev. Don't you dare tell me that kind of rubbish excuse!!" He yelled, now his grip it too tight that it hurts. I can see that he is angry.

I jumped as I was surprised that he yelled at me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." I sobbed in between. "I don't know what to do." People are staring at us. William grabbed to a more secluded face where people are far from us.

He just looked at me, his eyes, I don't how to explain it, but I can see hurt and hope. Hurt because of the fact that I want to break up with him and hope because ...he's still hoping that I would just change my mind. And it pains me to see this man feel that emotions because of a stupid girl like me.

"Just say it Dev! Don't make me look like stupid here. I am not a psychic that I can read your mind!"

"I just can't continue cheating on you." I sobbed, there was a pause.

He laughed with disbelief. "What?!"

"I cheated, not just physically, but also emotionally." I said still crying. "I like you so much...and I tried my hardest to....love you...but..."

"Who is he?" now he's tone is calm but you can still hear that there is anger in his voice.

"I..."

"Is ...is it Brandon?"  he said. Now I'm looking at him.