•• Chapter Twenty Six ••

Start from the beginning

"A hundred and 45 years and no goodbye?" Katherine asked, watching as Damon finally grabbed Vivian and headed for the door.

"You don't get a goodbye." Damon told her.

Quickly, Katherine sped over to him, stopping him from leaving. "Don't—don't leave mad." She tells him. Her eyes shifting from both Damon and Vivian.

"Us ending up on good terms is not exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." Damon says, moving forward, the woman stops him again.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out. I didn't have a choice."

"That's why I gave you the vervain. So you had a choice." Damon says.

"It was her or me. I chose her."

"I helped you. We helped you." Damon said, pointing between him and Vivian. "You owed me. Now when Klaus dies, you're gonna walk out of her without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins. How'd that happen?"

"Unsurprisingly." Vivian whispers, but knows both herd her.

"I didn't let love get in the way." Katherine says.

"Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." Damon says.

"What are you gonna do?"

Vivian bit the inside of her cheek. Though she had an idea of his possible plans, she wanted to hear it herself. So when Damon says he's going to trade places and offer himself to the devil, she shakes her head.

"He won't take you." Katherine says, "he saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon."

"Mines pure." Vivian says, despite herself. "I can—"

"It's too late. Jenna's already dead. There's nothing more you can do about it." Katherine says.

"Right. So much for trying to save the day." Damon says, shaking his head at Vivian. Grabbing their hand, they finally leave the apartment.

"Get Stefan on the phone." Damon tells Vivian while he pours them two glasses. Vivian quickly did as told and after the first ring, the younger brother picked up.

"Damon." He says

"Vivian, actually. Uh, just letting you know your probably not gonna like what we have to say." She tells him, accepting the glass Damon was handing to her. Removing the phone from her ear,  she put it on speaker.

"Just cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?" Stefan urgently asked.

"It's happening." Damon says. "We tried to stop it, but it got complicated."

"We're sticking with the plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now."

"He's got Jenna, Stefan." Damon says.

"What?"

"He got Katherine to lure her out of her house." Vivian explains. "Stefan, he's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual."

  Before Vivian became a vampire, in her innocent days, she had always wondered what it would be like when she died. She had delt with death only once, her mother. It was weird not having her around when she came back from boarding school.
when she was at the Augustine Society, she had witnessed more death than just her mother. One after the other, innocents were killed and their lives were taken away. Sometimes, because of the humanity she had left in her system, she wished that she had died. It wouldn't been easier. Being forced to live way past your expected death was some type of torture. At least to her it was.

"Refill, Viv?" The voice of Damon sounded beside her. She looked from the fire and towards him. She nodded and held out her glass so he could fill it back up. She noticed however, that as Damon did so, his hands seemed to be shaky. A sinking feeling filled her gut at the thought of their current situation.

Soon, Damon could be dead. Right when she just got him back, he could be taken away from her. He was all she had left in this world. Klaus, was Klaus, Katherine was Katherine, Stefan was helplessly in love with the doppelgänger, Elena. 

Damon was the one left standing. He's proven to care for her. Even after all these years, he's doted her.

With the glass now filled, she placed it down on the small table beside the couch. She cleared her throat and Damon turned to face her. The crackling of the fire and the ticking of the clocks are the only thing heard.

She doesn't know what comes over her. Or, perhaps she does know and chooses to ignore it. But despite it, she feels herself moving closer to him. Too lost in his own mind and distracted, he doesn't do anything to stop her.

Without a second thought, she wraps her arms around his neck and doesn't hesitate to kiss him. And he doesn't hesitate to embrace it either.

It's a heated kiss. Mixed with longing and lust, it's only when there's a knock at the door do they break apart. Their eyes lingering on each others. A wanting and urning clear in the air around them.  Another knock comes and both Vivian and Damon groan in annoyance and frustration.

Slowly, they walk towards the door. Vivian stops however, when she noticed Damon stumble slightly in his step.

"Damon?" She questions, placing a hand on his shoulder. He rolls up his sleeve and reveals his bite. It looked worse than it did before. Vivian's gut churned.

Without saying anything else, Damon went to the door and answered it.

"Hey, cockblock." Damon says, Vivian rolls her eyes as John Gilbert stands before them.

"Say, I was getting hungry though." Vivian says, as the man lets himself in.

"Elena hasn't returned any of my calls for days. I need to see her."

"Maybe she doesn't like you." Vivian says.

Damon smirked. "You are a day late and a daughter short, John."

"What does that mean?"

"Klaus has her." Damon says, "Sacrifice goes down tonight."

"How could you let that happen? You were supposed to keep her safe. Wasn't that the sum total of your plan, to keep her safe?"

"She is safe. I get her my blood." Damon tells him.

"You what?" He asks, looking between him and Vivian. The woman crosses her arms over her chest. There were so many things she'd rather be doing than having this conversation.

"When Klaus kills Elena, she will come back to life." Damon explained. "Granted, as the thing you hate most, but no one really cares what you think."

John, not liking Damon's comment or plan, moved forward for an attack, but Vivian quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it, pushing him forward, his arm cracked as he hit the wall with a thud. She smiled in satisfaction.

"You so don't want to mess with Damon right now." She says, reaching her grip on the man.

"You ruined her life, you know that, right?"

"I know that John. I took her choice, I destroyed her future. Trust me. I get it. It actually just gets worse."

"How could it possibly get any worse?" John asked.

Damon and Vivian share a look. It always can get worse.

Guys I posted a chapter!!
Yay!