Tenth

Addie's POV

"Was it really that neccessary to take me, as well?" a grumpy voice mumbled with a quite unimpressed expression, examining the road as the vehicle moved forward.

I nodded straight away while taking a right turn to the mall. "It's not even a question! You're gotta be my pair on the wedding, we must have matching clothes, as well"

"I'm not going to take off my coat" Morpheus grunted, his arms crossed in front of his chest. He had such a hilarious grumpy face when it was something he didn't like, I couldn't bare chuckling at him. "What are you laughing at?"

"You would look pretty weird beside everyone wearing fancy clothes" added Rebecca from the middle back seat, her eyebrows slightly rising. "Morpheus"

I loved her style. It was just so sassy, even way too sassy for a young History teacher.

Also, she was a bit mysterious. I had pretty strong feeling that she suspected who Morpheus really was: not just the emo guy as my other family members saw him. After all, she knew History perfectly well, which included Morpheus as well.

"What about a black shirt?" Eddie also joined the conversation. Well, he didn't pocket the look he had received from the god next to me. My brother put up his hands as if defending himself. "Chill, you don't have to take it that serious"

"At least you wouldn't have to get rid of your the black things" I shrugged, turning the engine off. Now I got the look. "Come on, Morpheus, you won't melt from a bit more light touching your skin or anything! I'd also choose something black so it'd suit you"

The god released a long sigh, opening the door with one hand. "If I tell my sisters what you all make me do and wear, they'll laugh their asses off"

I bypassed the car, the door was toward the other side, where Morpheus was standing. The others came behind us. I gave a friendly, but annoying push with my arm against Dream, who was ambling, half zoned off. He took a few steps aside by the push, coming back eventually. His long fingers were tucked into the pockets on his coat, his blue eyes wandering onto me.

"Death seemed nice last time" I broke the silence, answering his last comment, shrugging.

"She is the least annoying from all of them, that's true" the god acknowledged. He looked deep into my eyes, locking his gaze. Worry shone through his icy orbs. "But last time she came for you. You stayed alive just because this bond"

I gulped nervously. I knew that fact crystal clearly: it came to my mind every day, like a reminder how lucky I was to have this bond. Although I still didn't know what that really was. The sign of passion? Love? Trust?

I wasn't sure. I just knew I had to keep it up, even forming it stronger.

 I just knew I had to keep it up, even forming it stronger

~•~

"Oh! Oh! This is the store!" I stated, cheerfully clapping and bouncing.