♧1♧

I woke up in my soft cushioned bed. I took in my surroundings as I sat up lazily adjusting my eyes to the light coming out of the window through the sheer curtains. I got up and opened the door to my closet and pulled out a light green dress. It fell just above my knees and had a ribbon around the waist. I tied my hair back except a few strands that had escaped my grip. I walked out of my room and looked across the hall. Enochs door was closed shut. The hallway was thin but wide enough for one person to walk through. I was a new peculiar in the loop and I didn't know what my peculiarity was. I was taken in by Miss Peregrine much to Enochs disgust. I skipped down the stairs and into the dining room. Everyone was seated except for Emma, Olive, Millard, Bronwyn and the twins. "Don't worry Y/n... I sent them to go fetch Jake. They'll be back in time for dinner." I could tell she saw the worry on my face. I ate my toast quietly and quickly. Once I finished I ran upstairs to my room.

I walked to me desk and took my notebook and pencil. I closed my door and bumped into Enoch. "Watch where you're going!" Enoch mumbled at me. "Goodmorning to you too." I mumbled under my breath as I walked back down the stairs. I walked out the back door and into the garden. I walked to the river under the willow trees. I sat against one and opened my notebook. I flipped to a new page and began to draw. I could feel streaks of sunlight shining through the trees and sitting on my side. I could feel eyes staring at me. I turned around and saw Clair staring at me. "Hello Clair. I shut my notebook and walked over to her. She waved hello. "What can u do for you?" She looked down. "Fiona, and I are having a tea party but Olive isn't here to boil the kettle... I was wondering if you could help us?" I smiled at her request. "Of course! Let's go to the kitchen." We walked together hand in hand to the kitchen.

When we entered I boiled the kettle for the girls and poured the tea so they didn't get burns. I let them at in peace and went up to my bedroom. Before I closed my door I heard the front door open. Miss Peregrine said something but I couldn't hear it well. I decided to get closer but as I did they had gone into the kitchen. I heard Enoch coming upstairs and I ran back to my room and closed the door. I heard him slam his door shut and I put my books back on my shelf perfectly just how I liked. I noticed the book that I was reading was gone. I looked around my room but it was no use. If it was in my room I would have it on my shelf. Someone must have taken it... but who? It couldn't have been the younger ones because they wouldn't have been very interested in it. I looked out my window and saw Emma and Jake outside together. I couldn't see Olive so I knocked on Enochs door. I didn't get a response so I knocked again but louder. I still did not get a response so I decided to open the door. "I didn't say come in!" Enoch yelled at me. "ENOCH!" Olive scolded him for yelling. "Olive have you seen my book? It's missing and I've looked in my room." She shook her head politely. "Enoch?" He rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Why would I have your book?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I'll ask Emma when she isn't with Jake... speaking of which... Olive why don't you go get Jake? I have a feeling there's going to be a doll fight." We grinned at each other. Even though Enoch shut everyone out and was not very kind towards me I looked forward to the fights. They were the most interesting thing about his peculiarity. I never told him because if I told him he'd probably make fun of me.

When Jake entered I sat down on the bed. "I'm Y/n." He opened his mouth to speak but before he could make a sound I interrupted him. "That's all you need to know about me... Jake." He looked away from me and back to Enoch. I blanked out while everyone was talking but then came back to reality when Enoch said , "This isn't even the fun part... do you want to see the fun part?" Jake nodded and Enoch bent down towards the dolls and they squared up. They fought until the crab bodied one stabbed the other through the heart. They became lifeless once more and I left the room immediately. Jake left only a few seconds after me. Olive soon left and I changed into some white pyjamas shorts and shirt. I waited until after dinner to ask Emma as I could tell she was enjoying Jake's company. He must remind her a lot of Abe. I never knew him personally but I've seen pictures and everyone is crazy about him. She told me she didn't have it and now I was very curious. Someone had lied to me about my book and I sat determined to find out who. I got into bed and shut my eyes and fell asleep instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------
End of ♧1♧

Word count: 928

Thank you for reading I will be uploading as soon as possible. Make sure to vote and look at my other books!😁 Stay Tuned for my next chapter.