"She was pregnant, Jeno. Pregnant at 18!", the woman named Hyein exclaimed.

"Then, you should have been by her side and not leave her. What kind of a mother you are! How can you do this to your own daughter?"

"What would society say? Moreover, her boyfriend rejected to take care of the baby and left her. We couldn't do anything."

"You could have forced that guy to take responsibility. The baby wasn't only Eunseo's but also his. You could have talked with his parents too. But no, you decided to punish Eunseo."

"Why would I go out and talk to others when the problem was at my home? She was young. She did something wrong. She ruined her life with her own hands."

"Have you ever asked her what exactly happened? She was a pure soul who didn't need to suffer like that. She was eighteen!!! Eighteen when she had to leave home, not alone but with a life growing inside her. Did you ever thought if she died on the streets without any food, because of the scorching sun, rain, cold? She could have died, Dad. Just thinking about that makes me feel so guilty that I also couldn't even help her. Because you told me if I go after her, you won't send me to abroad for my studies. How selfish was I! I still wanted to go when I heard her banging on the door screaming, 'Mom! Dad! I'm sorry! Jeno help me!' But you locked me inside my bedroom and I couldn't help her. And next day, I went to USA with a heavy heart. Shame on you Mom and Dad! You ruined two lives and I hate you for that." Tears forming in his own eyes as he looked up at ceiling to hold them back.

"You just cared about yourselves, your reputation. She was alone without any support, out in the streets when I was living a good life. It was hard for me too. Days and nights thinking about her. I don't know why you did that. Did you lose your humanity? Did you forget that you gave her birth? Did you forget that you raised her for eighteen years? Have you ever regretted your decision of kicking her out and searched for her? Did you ever gave her any scope to explain herself? She could've had a beautiful life", he continued.

Hyein and Changwook looked at their hands on their laps, didn't have anything to say. "How is she?", the woman asked after a long pause.

"Honestly, you don't have the right to ask that question. But I think she is happier, far away from you and... me." He flashed a sad smile. "I think that's enough. I will do all the duty of a son but don't expect much from me." He stood up and proceeded to the door.

"Jeno, wait! Don't leave Mom." The lady followed him, on the verge of crying. "Please stay."

He didn't look back and removed her hand off his shoulder, twisting the doorknob and left the house, muttering, "Sorry Mom."

Hyein touched the door with a sorrowful face while the father sat on the sofa with crossed arms.

♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪°•°∞°•°♪

"Three months?! You gave him three months?!", Minjeong exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah..." The Chinese's lips formed a thin line.

"I don't understand. Why? Just why?", the older asked, sipping coffee. Ningning came to her house early in the morning to spill everything what happened last day.

"He was literally begging me."

"So? You will give him another chance?! Straight up no!!!"

"He seemed genuine though."

"I am telling you again. Don't trust guys!"

"But he looks innocent."

"When did you last see him? Yes, when he was a kid. So, he can change too. I have seen so many people who changed over the course of years. Renjun can play with your feelings too."