Chapter 32: Luring Hyenas to the Trap

When Timon, Y/N, and Pumbaa caught up, Simba was trying to defend himself against the hyenas that chased him.

"Hey, Pumbaa, Y/N. What do you call a hyena with half a brain?" Timon asked loudly, distracting the hyenas so Simba could go after Scar.

Pumbaa laughed and said, "Beats me, Timon."

"What do you call them, T?" Y/N wondered.

"Gifted," Timon answered.

They laughed, as well as Ed until Banzai punched him.

"They're talking about us," Banzai scolded.

"For your last meal, you're going to eat those words," Shenzi threatened.

The two meerkats and warthog then ran off screaming until they got to the spot the trap would start at.

"Ma, I think we got their attention," Timon yelled through the ground as the hyenas came out from around the corner.

"Not yet. Keep stalling," Ma told him as she and Max kept setting the trap up, him singing "Dig a Tunnel".

"Okay," Timon said.

Timon and Y/N then started juggling plates and sticks.

"You got to be kidding me," Banzai remarked.

This went on until they had them balancing and spinning on their hands and noses.

"Now, Ma?" Timon wondered.

"Need more time, honey," Ma informed.

"Oh man," Y/N panicked a little.

Then they and Pumbaa started doing a kick line, but the hyenas didn't look amused in the slightest.

"Uh, freestyle," Y/N suggested.

They they started breakdancing, making the hyenas applaud.

"Ooh, encore, encore," Shenzi cheered.

"No, no, no. You mean entree, entree," Banzai corrected.

"No, you right. Let's just eat them," Shenzi said.

"Is it ready yet, Ma?" Timon asked, terrified.

"Not yet. Keep stalling," Ma answered.

Timon started to think he was out of ideas when one came to mind, but he had to at least let Y/N know.

"Y/N, what I'm about to do is just stalling. It won't be true," Timon whispered.

"Okay?" Y/N answered, not knowing what he was thinking.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold on a second," Timon told them as he stepped forward, confusing everyone.

"Uh, Timon? What are you doing?" Pumbaa asked.

"I second that," Y/N added.

"Shenzi Marie Predatora Veldetta Jacquelina Hyena, would you do me the honor of becoming my bride?" Timon asked Shenzi.

Pumbaa's and Shenzi's jaws dropped while Y/N, Banzai, and Ed look dumbfounded.

"I don't think so," Shenzi remarked.

"Shenzi Marie, please. I know what you're thinking. We're too different. It'll never work. What will the children look like?" Timon explained as Pumbaa was still in shock.

"Ooh, that violates so many laws of nature," Shenzi commented.

"Listen to me. The problems of a couple of wacky kids like us don't amount to a hill of termites in this nutty circle of life thing. And so I ask you-if not now, when? If not me, who? I'm lonely," Timon continued.

"What about Y/N?" Pumbaa asked.

"Oh boy," Y/N commented.

"I say we skip the wedding and go straight to the buffet," Banzai said.

Then Ma popped up out of the ground and asked, "Now?"

"Sure, if you're ready," Timon told her, making her notice the hyenas.

"Oh," she exclaimed, went back underground, and signaled, "Now, Max, now!"

"Hyenas in the hole!" Max declared.

The sticks fell, causing a huge crack to form in the ground toward the hyenas. They backed up in fear when seeing it, but then a stick got stuck, stopping the crack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well dang it! Hopefully you'll get out of this one.