Chapter 6: Journey for a New Home

Some meerkats attended to Max as Timon had to make his case to the others, who glared at him.

"I, uh, I guess I owe everyone an apology. All right, so I made a teensy mistake. Like we all haven't broken into song on sentry duty before," Timon started.

He chuckled nervously as some walked away from him.

"Come on. Let me have a show of hands," he encouraged while raising his hand, no one else did, then he commented, "Okay."

They all continued to glare except for Y/N and Ma, who gave him worried looks.

"Maybe it's a little too soon, but I'm sure we're all going to laugh about this someday. Trust me," he assured.

"I did trust you," Max pointed out in disappointment, making Timon frown.

"But-" he started, but didn't know what to say.

They all just left except for Ma and Y/N. Timon sighed then left himself.

"What are we going to do now? While Timon breaking into song as hyenas snuck up on us wasn't the best, he's not completely careless. He protected me before you pulled us under," Y/N explained.

"I know. At least you see it like I do. Maybe I should talk to him and see if there's anything else we can do," Ma suggested.

"Okay," Y/N nodded then added while handing her a grub, "And here. I saved his favorite for him."

Ma smiled as she took it then told him, "And this is just one reason why you two will make a cute couple once you talk to him about it."

"Alright," Y/N giggled a little before leaving.

Ma then went up to see Timon, sitting on a rock in sadness. She sighed and approached him.

"Aw, sweetie," she said.

He sighed and replied, "I don't know what to do, Ma."

"Well, Y/N knew something would help you feel a bit better," Ma pointed out.

Timon looked at her to see her holding his favorite bug.

He chuckled a bit, took it, then said, "She always knows how to do that."

"That she does," she agreed as he ate it.

Then he frowned again and told her as he slid down the rock, "I'm never going to fit in here. Nobody even likes me."

"Sure they do, honey. Sure they do," Ma assured.

"Besides you and Y/N, Ma," Timon pointed out.

"Uh, besides us? Um, there's--" she tried to think.

"I have to find my place, but it isn't here," he stated, about to get up.

"Yes, it is. We just haven't found it yet. But we will. Oh, here's an idea. You can--" Ma said, trying to fix his hair again.

"Stop with the hair already," Timon told her, getting up, then explained, "My place is out there, Mom. Oh, I may not know exactly where or how far, but I got to go."

"No, wait, wait, wait. I know. If we just--" she tried to reason.

"Ma," he stopped her before going a bit forward.

She knew that this wasn't going to be something that Timon would back out of, so all she could do was let him do this.

"Well, I hope you find what you're looking for, honey," Ma told him.

Timon was a bit surprised before turning to her and hugging her, which she returned.

"Ooh. Ooh, I love you. Mmm!" she told him.

"I love you, Ma," he returned.

Then it got to a point where Timon felt he couldn't breath.

"Oh, Timmy. My Timmy. Mmm. Mmm!" Ma hummed, cracking his neck a bit.

"Mom...Choking. Not breathing," Timon strained.

"Ooh! Mmm, mmm, mmm!" she continued.

"And people wonder why I have issues," he commented, they parted while holding hands, then he assured, "I'll be okay."

"Oh, I know you will. You will," Ma nodded then wondered, "But what should I tell Y/N? You know she wants a better home too and she'll be worried about you."

"I know. Just tell her the truth. As much as I don't want her to get hurt, I won't be able to stop her if she decides to find me," Timon pointed out.

"You're right about that," she said, making them chuckle a bit.

They then let go and he headed off.

"Be careful!" Ma informed.

"I will," Timon assured her.

"Don't talk to strangers!" she continued.

"I know, Ma!" he said.

"Remember, wash behind your ears!" Ma reminded.

"Ma, I'm not a kid anymore!" Timon shouted.

"Never go swimming without a buddy!" she went on.

"Got it," he waved off.

"Send us a message!" Ma called.

"Oy. What?" Timon yelled, not hearing her.

"I said, 'Send us a message'!" she repeated.

"What?!" he hollered, she tried to say it again, then he just said, "Good-bye, Ma."

He then continued on, looking over the grasslands waiting to see what this adventure would bring him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time for the journey to begin!