Chapter 27: What Now?

Timon and Pumbaa sniffled as they came up to the waterfall.

"Ah, that's it, buddy. We gave it our best shot, but he's a goner," Timon said.

"Maybe not," Pumbaa pointed out, noticing something.

"You never give up, do you?" Timon asked.

"Look," Pumbaa instructed.

Timon then noticed Simba and Nala arguing.

"You don't even know what I've been through," Simba told her.

"I would if you'd just tell me," Nala said.

"Forget it," he snapped.

"Fine!" she yelled.

Simba then ran off and Timon started to smile.

"Pumbaa, do you know what this means?" Timon asked.

"Uh, he can't express his feelings and she has commitment issues?" Pumbaa guessed.

"We won. Ya ha ha! We split them up," Timon cheered, having him and Pumbaa spin.

"And, uh, that's a good thing?" Pumbaa questioned, they went to the edge of the oasis, and he pointed out, "Uh, he seems to be taking it kind of hard."

"Yeah, I know. Poor guy. But it's the best thing for us. I mean for him," Timon replied, noticed the clouds forming, shivered, then urged, "Ooh, let's go, Pumbaa. I think this storm's coming to a head."

They didn't even stick around to see the clouds form the face of Simba's father.

Timon then made himself comfortable on Pumbaa for them to go to sleep.

"Hakuna matata is safe at last, pal, because nothing's going to take our boy away now," Timon stated proudly.

Then Y/N made her way to them, with two grubs.

"Hey guys. I got you your favorites since I missed you at dinner," she told them.

"Oh thanks, Y/I," Timon thanked as she handed them the grubs.

They quickly ate them then Pumbaa fell asleep.

"So have you given up on splitting Simba and Nala up?" Y/N asked.

"No need to. They had an argument, so they did it on their own," Timon answered, laying down with his arms behind his head.

"Just because they argued doesn't mean that they split up," she pointed out.

"How do you know?" he wondered.

"Because everyone has arguments and every relationship is the furthest from perfect. Arguments are going to happen no matter what you do," Y/N told him.

"Eh. Some arguments spilt relationships up. Nothing can change that," Timon remarked.

She sighed, knowing Timon was wrong about Simba and Nala, but she didn't want to start something that would hurt both of them, so she just dropped it and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You sure you haven't been hanging with Rafiki again?