Chapter 7

Rintarou would be Atsumu's best friend. He’d stop eating snacks for a week and he’d even eat vegetables. He and Osamu were alone and although that would've normally excited him, he didn't feel so because his best friend was giving him that look.

He didn't know what it was about but he was confident it wasn't something he’d like. He was proven right seconds later.

"So, Rin, ya've been eatin' pure snacks for the past, how long? Four, five months?" Osamu asked, taking a seat in front of Rintarou, leaning forward to place his elbows on his knees.

Rintarou swallowed. There was no way he'd be able to focus while Osamu looked like that while also giving him that look.

"No? I've eaten the vegetables Atsu forced me to eat," Rintarou started, hoping that'd be enough to get out.

"So yer diet consists of packaged food, the occasional ramen, and energy drinks?" Osamu clarified, quickly interrupting the moment he noticed Rintarou opening his mouth. "The vegetables don't count."

Effectively silencing his best friend.

"Well, that's all? Great, let's sleep," Rintarou said all too cheerily, getting up to escape whatever else was to come.

"Not so fast, Sir," Osamu warned, grabbing his arm and pulling him down on top of him.

Rintarou sighed, unfazed because hey, they slept in the same bed. Osamu was always shirtless when they slept and he liked that, so sitting on his lap was just free real estate at that point.

"Either you just want attention or," Rintarou paused, leaning suspiciously close. "Sounds like I'm in trouble."

"Oh, you are in trouble," Osamu confirmed with a nod of his. "And yer gonna sit here and tell me what I wanna hear, understood?"

"Yes Daddy," Rintarou sighed, ignoring the jab on his rib.

Turned out, Osamu did not get all the answers he wanted to hear. Turned out that Rintarou wasn't willing to give any information and he was more stubborn than he hoped.

"So, yer not tellin' me why ya suddenly look exhausted?"

"No, I did tell you. I said it's because school is overbearing and frustrates me," Rintarou insisted.

He now sat on Osamu's lap facing him, waist held tightly in place lest he tried escaping again.

"Rin, ya know I don't believe ya right? I'm not gonna force ya ta tell me since yer so evidently avoidin' it but I hope ya find it in ya ta eventually let me help ya. Yer not burdenin' me with yer problems, okay?" Osamu asked to make sure his point got across, Rintarou nodding slowly. "Now let's get ta bed. I'm gonna tell yer stupid roommate he can come back."

With one hand, Osamu pulled out his phone and sent his twin a text and with the other, got up while holding his best friend against his side like a bag of groceries, effectively carrying him like a disobedient child as they made their way to the room.

"Samu, I needa do homework," Rintarou said right as he was dropped on his bed.

Osamu glanced up from his phone─ where he had been scowling at─ before his face morphed into a soft smile, waving his hand in dismissal as he nodded.

"Yeah, go ta sleep. I'll do it fer ya."

"But-"

"No. I'll do it."

The tone was final and Rintarou was tired which meant that he agreed reluctantly.

“Yes, Daddy.”

“Oi!” Osamu exclaimed, Rintarou getting up with a giggle as he quickly headed to the bathroom to take a five-minute shower before bidding his best friend goodnight and falling asleep in seconds. 

Osamu worked through the assignments, only stopping when both his brother and Kiyoomi came back, telling him goodnight as well as bidding him farewell in advance, quoting; ‘I've seen yer stupid face enough. I don' wanna see it tomorrow before ya leave so goodbye.’ Obviously from Atsumu.

Kiyoomi's version was slightly more civilized, keeping Rintarou in mind as he did so.

With that, he was back to work for another hour. Only then did he take a quick shower, using Rintarou's clothes as he got into the bed, shirtless as usual, and Rintarou seemingly sensing his arrival, wrapped themselves together.

"I hope ya tell me soon, Rin," Osamu whispered, kissing his best friend's hand before falling peacefully asleep.

._._.

Rintarou was fucking pissed.

Not only had he completely missed his alarm, but he had also missed Osamu's departure.

No, his best friend didn't leave without notifying him, in fact, it was worse than that.

"Rin. Rin. Rin~"

"Hmm?"

"I needa go. Yer on top o' me," Osamu chuckled, gently stroking Rintarou's hair.

“No. Don’t leave me.”

Instead of waking up like he was supposed to, he fell right back asleep to which Osamu blinked at fondly before gently getting him off, leaving him to sleep peacefully.

He vaguely remembered being awoken to Osamu telling him he left food in the microwave and being told he'd now be left alone. He also vaguely remembered his hair being pushed back and a gentle pressure against his forehead that he wanted to assume was a kiss.

It was all because he had accustomed himself to allow a deep slumber in Osamu's presence or in his arms, and now he was paying for it by being left all alone. Angrily stabbing his pancakes as Kiyoomi sipped his black coffee, wearily watching him, Rintarou wanted nothing more than to both yell at the younger Miya Twin for abandoning him and also to get him back because he already craved his presence.

"Do I have to commit a crime?" Kiyoomi asked slowly, uncertain why Rintarou was acting as such.

"No. I'm pissed at myself that's all. Can't believe I didn't wake up even though he tried getting me to watch him off. Thought it was a damn good dream too good to be true or some shit," Rintarou huffed.

Kiyoomi grimaced at the thought of Osamu, quickly masking his expression lest he make Rintarou more irritated than he already was.

"Well, at least he made you food?" Kiyoomi tried only earning a frown and a harder jab at the pancake.

Kiyoomi had expected Rintarou to remain in the good mood he had had when Osamu was there, bright and cheery although exhausted. He had assumed that the grumpiness in the morning was just from not being able to see his best friend off but when the sour mood never lifted, he knew it'd be worse than expected.