Epilogue

With Ruby defeated and Sam finally awake, everyone in the palace awoke and cheered when Madison and Sam arrived in the ballroom. Now that the two were united, Dean was just glad that protecting Sam from Ruby was over with. No matter what happened, he was bound to save his platonic soulmate. They were one in the same, but not a couple thankfully, Madison and Sam looked incredibly happy now that they were together and without a stupid curse getting in their way. Leaving everyone to admire the newlyweds, Dean walked out of the castle and made his way over to the stables where he was getting his horse ready. There was something that he hadn't done in years, mostly due to it hurting so much. However, it was time that Dean stopped acting like a big chicken and started acting like a soldier. He finished getting his horse ready and climbed on before ushering the horse to move forward he traveled through the darkness, heading for the graveyard.

Upon arriving there he got off his horse and tied it to the tree, going through his sack he pulled out a metal lantern from his sack and lit the candle inside. Closing it, he started making his way through the graveyard until eventually, he found his parents' graves. Pulling out his sword he turned it in his hand then stabbed it into the ground by his father's headstone mostly symbolizing his dad's ranking and respect.

"Sorry I didn't come to visit you guys," Dean said and kneeled, placing the lantern by the grave and going through removing the weeds. "It took all my courage to get here, at the time it hurt too much for me to even show my face."

"I thought I might find you here," Sam commented, making Dean jump. "Are you okay? You come here a lot when you are angry."

"I'm not angry this time Sam," Dean said. "I just thought it would be best for me to pay my respects to my parents, I don't really remember much about them honestly," he continued. "I do know that both my parents were part of the army, that's why your parents took me in, I wasn't at all expecting that."

"Well I didn't know them either but they must have been brave," Sam answered. "Because I don't think either of us would be here if it weren't for them."

"From what I've heard he was brave, I think that something kind of got to them before they could do anything about it. But I guess I'll never really know." Dean finished pulling out the weeds. "Everything okay? Something on your mind Sammy?"

"Just want to know if you're staying," Sam admitted, whispering a bit. "There's no curse on me so what are you going to do?" He asked. Sam didn't want his brother to leave but he wouldn't stop him if that's what he wanted. Dean turned to Sam and smiled.

"I talked to your father, to see if he'll let me join the knights," Dean explained. "He said that I would be able to and I'd be able to stay in the castle, I just have to go through a lot of tests before I become a knight. But don't worry I'm not going to leave, this is my home and I'll do anything that I can to keep it safe."

"Good," Sam responded, giving Dean a hug. "Because I would miss you if you left, I would have no one to pick on."

"Oh hush your royal highass." Dean said hugging him back.

"Never my first decree is that you will have to stay with me forever," Sam teased. "And that's a very long time."