My apologies roll off my tongue like a slinky rolling down a staircase. My eyes water at the thought of never having him close. Vigilant to his eye movement, his eyelids remain sealed at the sensation of my touch. Not moving a muscle, he allows me the capacity to roam free.

Goosebumps sprout on his well developed chest as I trace the intricate designs flowing over his pecks. His breathing quickens causing my heart to match.

I have a desperate need to feel him next to me, flowing beside him. I twist to have our bodies meld together as one. He moves to secure me with his arm but he halts his action. That's what I crave right now. Letting him know his warmth is required, I grab his arm, coiling it around my waist.

He exhales a relieved breath, snuggling me, I kiss his decorated hand as he tightens his embrace. I bask in our comfort, breathing intensifying as another tear flows down my cheek.

We lay there in comfortable silence, breathing evening out as the fatigue hits me provoking me to slowly drift in his loving embrace. 

Axle

Axle

I'm awakened by the sudden sensation of warmth within my proximity. Peeling my eyes apart, I'm blessed with the most beautiful sight known to man. She's unmoving, staring at me with misted coffee colored eyes.

My automatic instinct is to coil my arms around her waist, tugging her to my chest, shielding her from this anguish that tortures her. In spite of everything, I lay motionless unwilling to obliterate this moment of her beside me, adjacent and conscious.

To my immense surprise, her marvelous voice filters into my ears.

"I'm so sorry Axle."

Stunned by her apology, I retorted, "There is nothing to be sorry about Chloe. I get it, you need time and I'm here for it."

"No! I'm sorry Axle. Please, I'm so sorry," her head shakes back and forth

Her arm extends to reach for my face, stalling midway. I remain stoic, despite every nerve in my body exploding with the need to embrace her, willing to allow her what she needs to move forward.

"I... I need to... touch you. I need to know you're real," she expresses with a hint of fear in her eyes.

I speak with genuine emotion, "Anything you desire."

Attempting a second time, I'm blown away by the connection of her touch. Lightning bolts sear my skin, igniting every nerve to flicker in excitement triggering my eyes to cascade shut, relishing her touch.

The gentlest of caresses on my unshaven cheek have never been so powerful as it is today. Her, right now, this, this is what I have been craving, my woman, my love– by my side, unafraid to take the necessary steps to break free of her trauma.

My body reacts with my hairs standing on end to coat my entire body. I remain unmoving to allow her whatever is necessary to get her secured in my embrace again, even if it's the epitome of all my nightmares. In agonizingly slow movements she flows over my chest triggering my breathing to exasperate.