Normal

The cake turned out to be just fine. Slightly over baked, but otherwise perfect for their first attempt at baking together. Lucky for them, there was a can of whipped cream to hide the light browning on the edges.

Jimin considers this a miracle given they decided to confess to each other right after putting the cake into the oven. Fortunately he had heard the oven chime and had controlled his euphoria enough to pull the cake out.

Together they coated the entire cake with the cream and Jimin added strawberries on top. Surprisingly it looked beautiful.

"What do you think?", Jimin asked, smiling at their creation.

"TaeTae likes it", Tae assured.

They placed the cake in the fridge to set the cream and strawberries so that they don't fall over. After that they cleaned up the kitchen counters and the baking tools. It took them twenty minutes, but they were done.

"Are you tired TaeTae? Should we head to bed?", Jimin asked, when he noticed the younger yawning beside him. Tae nodded.

"Okay then, I guess I will see you tomorrow morning?", Jimin said awkwardly. Disappointment evident in his voice. He didn't want them to separate just yet, not when they confessed their feelings moments ago. But he knew Tae was tired and needed to be in bed.

Tae simply nodded and headed up the stairs. Jimin stood and saw his retreating figure, hoping he would turn back and come rushing into his arms at the last moment. But of course this was real life. This wasn't a scene from a sappy romantic movie.

Jimin let go of a deep sigh he didn't know he held and headed to the guest bedroom. He quickly changed into his PJs and brushed his teeth. He wasn't used to sleeping this early, but since he had nothing better to do, he scrolled through his social media handles. It's been ages since he peeped into the lives of people he once knew from high school and college. They were going places with their beautiful partners, partying and having this seemingly perfect life which looked nothing less than a fairytale. Am I the only one who was dealt the bad cards?

And here he was, barely surviving. Disowned by his so called parents and working at a cafe. At least I have a boyfriend now, Jimin blushed just thinking about what happened earlier.

Boyfriend, that word brought forth so many feelings in the pit of his stomach that he had to sit up. His cheeks heated up and his breathing hitched. It's only been a few months of knowing Taehyung and here they were boyfriends now. It made him giddy. They have definitely come far. The first few times when they met, it was awkward and uneventful. Taehyung didn't even bat an eye. Slowly but surely Jimin managed to win him over. But if he thinks about it now, it was Taehyung who came to him. He knew from Yoongi, Jin and Namjoon that Taehyung was always a loner and never really approached anyone. Then why did he approach Jimin? What's so special about him?

Jimin was jolted out of his reverie when he heard a knock on his door.

"M-Minnie?", Taehyung called from the other side.

Jimin smiled widely. "Come on in TaeTae".

Tae opened the door and peeked inside.

"Can't sleep", Tae said sadly.

"Come here baby", Jimin opened his arms and invited him in. Tae immediately shuffled towards the bed and stood by Jimin's side, looking down at him.

Jimin noticed that Taehyung had brought a blanket, which was half dragging on the floor. It was a small blanket, it looked more like a child's, blue with yellow stars. He was just standing and fidgeting with the corner of the blanket.