Kyra

The popping vein in the Fairy King's forehead deepens. The images went blurry and vanished in a cloud of dust in an instant. The man with dragon patterned clothes disappeared, just like that.

Threaten, the Fairy King immediately dispatch the royal guards and alarmed every fairy in the vicinity. That their leaders are dead. That the Ice Demon had once again made his appearance. Everyone should be ready.

The old, women and children all went to packed up and retreated to the World Tree for safety. Anyone who can fight immediately geared up and put on their protective armor, chanting enchantments and other protective barrier inside the Isle of Moor.

While everyone is busy, Lester is standing outside the High Court, extremely anxious. It's been seven days since he last saw Kyra. Under the orders of the Fairy King, no one is allowed to get inside.

Kyra is alone with her father inside right now. No one knows what he did to her. But if one looks back to the repeated offense the Fairy King did to her, one can guess what he was doing to her now.

The Fairy King was extremely angered by the man with dragon patterned clothes. All the Twelve Elders in the High Court are immediately eliminated in a blink of an eye. To think the demon did all of that without raising a finger, his chest is rising and falling with pure malice.

And there was the case of that demon telling them that the he, one of the greatest Fairy King is not the only one who reached the ethereal stage, the princess also did. This fueled his anger even more. To vent his failure to kill the demon and the frustrations incured, he need an outlet. And Kyra is the perfect tool for that.

Straight for seven days, he applied all one thousand three hundred torture techniques to her. Each technique causes her to bleed excessively. She had lost an eye, five fingers, eight toes, a tongue, a rib, set of upper teeth, and an equal barrel amount of blood loss. All of this should have killed her, yet Kyra is still alive.

When the last torture was done, her insides sizzle and crackle in fire. It was as if her intestines are fried and boiled in scalding water.

A thick whip sizzling in lightning struck her forearms and shoulders, repeatedly sending electric currents to blow her heart and mind.

In her ears, her father is nagging endlessly, his eyes shone murderously. But she remained calm. Not once did she cried out in pain. Not once did her calm and collected expression turn into horrified one.

Her mouth is already bleeding, she can't speak. Her one eye too. She can't see clearly. She had to rely on her lotus vines to keep her life away from death. And not even once did it fail her. She was groggy and feeling numb all over.

If there was an ability she was proud of, its her great endurance against pain. Her father has drilled it in her bones since she was a child. Because he had use her as his tool to vent out his anger by beating and torturing her, when it's over, he would always feel relieved and relaxed.

For years.... She endured. And she will continue to endure.

The Fairy King was disappointed with his wife because she can't give him a son. Although nobody wants to admit it, the Fairy King, the Fairy Queen, the late Fairy Empress and Kyra, there are the only Elven race left. Because everybody died when the war between fairies erupted. Unlike the dryads and the nymphs, Elven race can only give birth once in a hundred years of a lifetime.

Everyone can understand the heaviness of disappointment and anger stirring within the Fairy King's heart. But because of the oath of Fairy marriage, he can't lay a finger against his wife. Hence, he forced his wife to live in solitude in the back of the Elven Croft Palace. Where she can have the Silver Lake Pavilion all to herself.

In the surface, everybody will say the queen is living in solitude to relieve herself from the worldly affairs, but in truth, she was imprisoned and locked up by her husband for hundred of years.

She has no visitors, except Kyra who come to play and entertain her everyday. At least, that has relieve her worries and loneliness, when her daughter will flood her with stories and show her sceneries where she can never ever dream of stepping foot in.

When the Fairy King finally retracted the lightning whip, he kicked her hard, Kyra was flung across the hall, her figure rolling and slamming against the wall. Her broken rib caused her to curl in pain. Her twisted insides is making her wheeze painful breaths.

Her head felt like its going to be ripped to pieces. She tried to stabilize herself, carefully taking breaths. She controlled the lotus vines to curl around her grave wounds. If only she can heal herself quickly.

She tried her best to restore her lost eye. It doesn't matter if she cannot see. As long as her mother will not see the injuries on her skin. Going missing like this will worry her more. If she ever see the injuries on her, Kyra can't imagine the pain her mother will feel. That's why she must heal fast. And get back to her side. The lotus tiny needle like vines seep through her eyes. The cornea is surrounded and little by little, the tore eyeball was repaired.

Lester, who was waiting anxiously outside, noticed the Fairy King finally went out of the High Court. He did not dare to undo the invisibility enchantment he cast on himself. To avoid being notice, he did not move.

When he checked the Fairy King is finally out of earshot, he rushed inside. The dignified High Court, with its rich golden contours and flowing decorations, now lay listless and full of blood.

He had known what Ava's blood smells like, so he knew, all this belongs to her. Ava does not need Oreans or other healing fairies to treat her wounds. With her lotus vines, she can heal herself.

That's how she kept herself alive from all the torture the Fairy King induce on her. Struggling to sit up, Lester help her to straighten. He can see her vines crawling along the surface of her skin.

The parts where it pass has the skin repaired, making it as smooth and white as the snow falling gently outside. Lester did not hesitate to help quicken the healing process by transfering his mana to her.

He held her in her shoulders. Creates a heat wave full of pure mana from his palm and let it seep through Kyra's skin. The lotus vines obviously love it, the vines on her shoulder thickens and as it absorb the heat wave, it quicken the healing process.

After three minutes, the wounds and cuts on Kyra is mostly healed. Even her eyes and tongue is restored too.

When she check her fingers and toes, she froze. It's a perfect set. All her ten fingers grew back as if it was not ripped off by her father. Even her toes look the same.

This is not healing. Ava's heart beat faster. Her ears drowning with the man with dragon patterned clothes words. This is regeneration. Her lotus vines do not possess the power to regenerate.

Etherial stage. The Ice demon said she had reached the ethereal stage. It's the immortal and the peakest stage of mana cultivation among fairies. It can be said to be equal to those beasts who have lived thousands of years.

The omnipotent power, the ethereal stage possess the abilities of the trio fairy categories. Gaining control over nature, mind manipulation and black arts.