Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

She stood up furiously and almost fell but steadied herself by holding onto the armrest. Musab wanted to help immediately but she held up her hand to stop him. "I knew it. I know when he said that there's no going back from it plus you also wanted that right? What happens to I won't let you do what you doesn't make you happy. It's all a lie."

He stood up with her. " No Fateemah, it's not all a lie. And you know right from the start that it's your father's greatest wish. That's the only thing I can't really promise you but I'm willing to try and see if there's something I can do about it."

Anger boiled in her. She seems furious. "Why do I even need you or my father to dictate my life for me. Why do I need you to tell me what to do and what not to do. This is why I said this stupid feelings we have for each other is never going to pay any of us. We'll just keep getting hurt. It's better to put an end to this once and for all. Let's go back to our deal."

"If you think for one second, that I'm going to divorce you, you're so wrong. I'll never divorce you. Never!! I don't care what you do Fateemah. I'll just make sure I do my best for you and try my best to make you happy. I'll be patiently waiting for you till you come back to your senses."

She screamed and ran to the kitchen leaping. She could feel pain in her leg due to her fresh injury but she doesn't care. The anger and emotions had clouded her mind. She started with plates, mugs and wine glasses, smashing them on the floor in anger. She stepped on the broken glasses, hurting herself purposely. She knelt down and took ahold of the pieces in her palm and squeeze her palm. Blood drip down her hand to the floor.

"Fateemah! Oh my God!" He ran to her side and she stopped him before he could come close to her.

"Don't move closer or I cut my throat with one of these." She squeezed her hand tightly, and more blood drlpped to the floor.

"Fateemah I'm sorry. Please stop this, I'll come to terms with you..... Stop hurting yourself I'm begging you."

She doesn't know how to. All she focused on was the pain. The pain from her hand and foot is nothing compared to the one in her heart. This is what she does, each time she couldn't do anything about her situation and had to endure her crucial times. She always resolve to self harm.

"Fateemah please!! I'm sorry, please. Please stop."

She closed her eyes, to let the pain absorb her completely.

He ran to her side and carried her. Tears flowed down her face. He couldn't help but cry also at her situation. Is being with him causing her this much pain?

"Open your palm please. Please for God's sake. I promise to let go if this is what being with me is going to cause. I'll tell your parents that I was mistaken. That I saw wrong, I heard wrong. I'll do anything you want me to. I'll divorce you if that's what you want. So please open this palm. You've lost much blood. This is hurting me equally. Please!"

Slowly she opened her eyes. He was weeping profusely and that softened her heart, she could see his concern, care and affection for her in his eyes. She gradually opened her palm and he released an heavy shaky breath looking at the cuts and blood outflow.

Her palm is cut in different places and the broken pieces that cut through her skin hung there. Blood was still flowing and her head spinning. She felt dizzy all of a sudden and later allowed darkness to engulf her.He carried her in a bridal style out of the kitchen.