Chapter 1: Excitement

You sat in the living room of michael's house, the two of you were playing video games as your dad's talked about the pizzeria that was in progress. When Michael lost he turned to you and pouted a bit.

"Let's find something else to do, you always win at video games." He huffed.

"Okay! What should we do?" You asked.

"Oh! Let's make characters for the pizzeria, dad says if it gets big we might have more animatronics!" Michael grinned.

"Yeah!!" You jumped up and ran into the craft room where William and your dad were and you jumped up onto michael's desk and pulled out paper and paused for a second thinking. "Hey da, if the pizzeria gets big, do you think we might be able to change the colors of the animatronics we have currently?"

"Why is something wrong with their color right now?" Your dad asked gently.

"No, nothing is wrong, I just think it would be cool is the bunny was purple." You blinked. "I'll draw you a reference, me and Michael are gonna draw ideas for animatronics for when the pizzeria gets big!"

"You keep up that attitude, brat." William chuckled. He was smoking, the scent had become comforting as of late since you had adjusted to it when William was around.

"Hey da, we're gonna hang out in my room is that okay?" Michael asked.

"....." you saw William and your dad exchange looks like they were speaking without words.

"Leave the door open, in case anyone gets hurt so we can hear you." Your dad chuckled.

"Okay!" You nodded jumping off the desk. You felt your ankle twinge a bit. You blinked in confusion at it before continuing forward.

Weak ankles I suppose.

You and Michael drew out your characters and made paper mache masks. You got tired and ended up laying on the floor next to Michael. You fell asleep and so did he. You woke up to your dad exclaiming he cooked breakfast. Michael was holding your hand as the both of you slept. His mother's death had impacted him quite a bit despite his denial of it hurting at all. You lightly woke him up and the both of you collected the drawings and your masks. They weren't colored yet so you just kinda had paper masks to show. The both of you rushed down the stairs making it a race. On the last stair you slipped but caught yourself, bracing your ankles, however they still shot electricity up your legs and you fell backwards.

"Ow." You blinked.

"Are you okay?" William asked.

"I'm fine, Mr. Afton!" You grinned getting back up and chasing Michael around.

"What are these?" Your dad asked with a smile picking up the papers you sketched out once you sat down. His smile disappeared quickly and turned into a bit more of a look of shock.

"What is it, da?" You asked.

"Hey, Will come look at these." Your dad said. You watched William walk over and once he started looking at them he looked a bit shocked.

"What's wrong?" You asked suddenly feeling scared that you did something wrong.

"Honey, nothing is wrong, I was just a bit shocked because you drew an endoskeleton with all the mechanics and everything and you're only like 12." Your dad said.