Chapter 15

In the following days and weeks, they grew even closer than before. Friendship or love?

They cuddled whenever possible. Not just Lena laying her head on Kara's lap but also Kara spooning Lena while watching a movie.

The time where they didn't cuddle, they held hands or stroked the other's hands with their thumbs.

Both felt comfortable not until the other was right by their side. They didn't ask if they should meet - the only question every day was at whose place they're meeting the next day.

Lena was the happiest she's ever been. Never she thought she would love anybody more than her ex and that that was even impossible. But Kara showed her the opposite. All her thoughts turned around Kara. Kara was her first thought after waking up and the last before sleeping in. She knew Kara was a cuddly person but without an ulterior motive. It pained her that Kara most likely didn't have the same feelings for her as she has for Kara. She enjoyed every single touch even if it happened without intention. Holding back to just kiss her was incredibly hard for her. But what should she do?

She didn't have anybody to talk to about all that. She desperately needed advice from a person outside, who kept a clear head. Somebody who could tell her what she should do or if she should do anything at all. It ate her up inside. But still, she was the happiest she's ever been.

Kara's thoughts were the same except that she knew, Lena had feelings for her. Still, she stood to her decision and didn't do what her mind told her to do. Kiss Lena and tell her, she loved her. At this time, she couldn't speak of having feelings for her anymore, but of love. Deep love. Love she wanted to show so desperately. Love she wasn't allowed to show. Love she never felt for anybody before.

One day Lena laid on Kara, propping up her elbows next to Kara's ribs, holding her own head in her hands.

Kara put both of her hands on Lena's back, stroking it every now and then, feeling every edge and curve there was. They were talking about the next game night that should take place the next day.

All the time Kara was looking in the depth of Lena's eyes. Lena didn't recognize that because she was staring at Kara's lips. Taking in every move of them, how they formed when Kara smiled, how Kara stuck out her tongue when she made jokes on her and biting her lip. It made her crazy.

It took some time, but she realized Kara wasn't saying anything anymore.

Kara knew Lena wasn't taking in anything she said anyway because of how fixated she was on Kara's lips. And that made her crazy in turn. She took the distracted state of Lena's to languish every part of her face. Her lips, the most beautiful eyes she ever saw, the cute perfect nose, her ear piercings, and her dangerously sharp jawline. She took in every little pore of her face, the little scar underneath her right eyebrow.

Suddenly those beautiful eyes met Kara's gaze. Suddenly Kara gripped Lena's back tighter. Suddenly she opened her lips a tiny bit. Not sure if she should say anything or just kiss Lena.

Lena noticed the move of Kara's lips. It felt like the earth stopped turning. For Lena, it seemed as if Kara was about to kiss her. Her thoughts crossed over and over. For a short moment, she thought it was right to kiss Kara. In the next moment, she remembered herself to hold back what she was yearning for the most.

The moment where she was confident about finally kissing Kara was back, she closed her eyes, preparing for what will come next.

She opened her eyes again, about to lean down on Kara. She started relaxing the muscles of her upper arms ready to let herself down, ready to do what she wanted to do for so long.

Someone rang the doorbell. They both flinched at that sudden sound and Lena quickly got down off Kara.

"We ordered pizza. I totally forgot that!"