Chapter 7

On Friday Kara drove home after work to prepare herself for her date with Mike. This time she didn't need Alex's help in choosing the right outfit. She just went with jeans and a shirt, nothing special.

"You didn't need Alex helping you find your outfit which by the way looks great?" he asked jokingly. They already were in his car, driving to where their plane would set off. In the back seat, there was a huge basket for their picnic afterward. As it was covered by a cloth Kara couldn't see what was in it but by the size of the basket, Mike brought way too much food with him.

"No, today I chose my outfit on my own," Kara teased happily as a little kid.

"I'm so proud of you," he played with Kara's little game.

The teasing went on until they arrived at their destination. At the place where they parked the car, there was no plane to be seen. From where they were standing Kara wasn't sure whether they really were at an airport or not. After Mike took out the basket from the back seat, they walked around the building which they parked in front of and now it was obvious. There was a huge hall where three small planes were parked in and another plane was already standing on the runaway. Next to each plane, there were people who polished them and made sure the propellers could rotate fluently.

A man that checked the propeller of the plane on the runaway suddenly stopped with it and turned around to see who was coming in his direction.

"Ah Mike, it's you," he greeted him friendly. "And you must be Kara, right?"

"Yes, that's Kara," he introduced her to the pilot, taking that over for Kara.

"Are you ready?" he asked already opening the door for them to get in. Mike got in first. As Kara wanted to follow him, the pilot whispered something to her. "He likes you. And he was damn right, you're beautiful."

Flattered Kara then climbed into the plane. As soon as she was sitting comfortably, Mike laid down his hand on Kara's lap. "Let's do this!" he said to her.

With that, the pilot started the engine and soon the plane moved forward slowly. It got faster and faster until they finally took off the ground. It was really loud in that small plane. Because of that, a conversation was nearly impossible so both of them just sat there, staring out the windows, stunning about how beautiful National City was. The whole time they were holding hands. Kara enjoyed this whole situation. She really liked Mike.

After about an hour they landed, but not at the place where they started. They landed near the park which Mike described to Kara.

They quickly got out of the plane, thanked the pilot, and set off to the park. Mike knew the exact spot where he wanted them to have their picnic.

It was under a tree where the ground was flat. From where they were sitting they could watch tons of flowers, a small fountain, and birds flying around.

Mike spread out a blanket for them to sit down. Before showing Kara the things in his basket he got closer to her to kiss her. "You liked it?" he asked her after that short peck.

"I loved it. The view was brilliant and also the pilot seemed to be friendly. And that park is beautiful, too. Thank you for bringing me here," she answered honestly.

He finally put the food out of his basket. Sandwiches, vegetable sticks and a dip to them, berries and an apple pie. And of course, orange juice and two glasses for it.

Kara's eyes went big. That's more than she expected.

With relish, they ate the food and talked about sights they most liked about their flight. Turns out they liked every bit of it.