Chapter 9

On the next day, Kara came over to Lena's place quite early. There's much they had to do. Lena didn't feel comfortable about it, but Kara insisted on tidying up together. While doing so they already started talking about what happened with Lena's boss. Now that she had her best friend back Lena wasn't really depressed about losing her job anymore. Again, it showed how good Kara was at lighting up Lena's mood.

"Okay I think that's clean enough I'd say," Lena said. "Sit down on the sofa. I'm taking my notebook with me so we can look for jobs."

Soon they started writing applications. They printed them out and put them into different folders, together with some documents about Lena's qualifications. Also, they threw the applications in a mailbox.

"Now we just have to wait and hope you get one of those jobs," Kara said leaning back on the sofa, happy about what they achieved. Lena also leaned back but then laid her head on Kara's shoulder, with one hand taking Kara's hand in her own.

"Thank you, Kara. With just being you, you made me feel better. As I said when we first met, you are my hero." When Kara squeezed Lena's hand, she realized she took Kara's hand. "Okay that's weird," she thought, still not meaning to let go of the other's soft and warm hand. Nonetheless, her heart was racing a bit. What must Kara be thinking at the moment? "I'm only holding my best friend's hand. Why am I making such a big fuss about it?"

"Are you okay, Lena?" Kara asked hesitantly.

"Oh yes, I am. Sorry, I was just thinking about something," Lena replied.

"Well, what were you thinking about?" Kara asked curiously.

"Ehm.. I was just thinking what I should do if I didn't get one of the jobs."

"Lena, don't worry about that. You will get one. I'm 100% sure about that," Kara answered, convinced about what she was saying.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, Kara was right. After a week Lena had four job interviews and even got three job offers. Lena didn't have to think about which one she should accept because she had one favorite in her mind beforehand. She should start working there in one week. Finally, her life is going in the right direction again: she wasn't jobless anymore and she had her best friend back.

"We have to celebrate that. And I already know how to do that. We should go to a club and just dance out everything that was frustrating you," Kara suggested.

"Yes, we sure should hit the dancefloor. On Friday?" Lena asked.

"Friday sounds good!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

They decided that Lena first comes to Kara's apartment, they call a cab to bring them to the club, then after they partied call a cab to bring them back to Kara's apartment, and then Lena should sleep over at Kara's place.

Kara was wearing a black dress in knee-length and black heels. Lena was wearing black jeans to a black sleeveless shirt, which perfectly fit the shape of her upper body. She put her hair up into a ponytail.

"You look hot," both said at the same moment as Kara opened the door for Lena.

"Thanks," both again said at the same moment. Both had to smile about that.

After a tight hug Kara called a cab to bring them to the club.

Even if the doors to the club were closed you could hear music coming out of the building. Through the windows and the glass doors, you could already see colored lights flickering. As they entered the club the smell of alcohol instantly hit them.