35

--<3--

--<3--

Evelyn had begun to understand how slow time went when she can't do other than sit still in one of the houses in the mc territory with at least two bikers by her side at all times. After the confrontation with the hitman, who is now at least five feet underground, Jeremiah had a long meeting with Jax about how Evelyn's safety would be now. Evelyn did not like the constant eyes on her as she moved around, mostly in the main house. Ev could not meet her dad and could absolutely not be alone with Jeremiah for more than five minutes. Jax had a long talk with her about how important it was for her to follow the rules about having the bikers after her, even what the consequences would be if she didn't follow them was told. To Evelyn, this felt like a prison.

"Evelyn?" A voice was heard by the dining room's main doorway as Ev lay on the table, looking up at the ceiling. After six days inside the main house, she had, for the first time, seen the stories on the dining room ceiling. After days of doing nothing, all she could do was watch them.

"Emma," Ev said and sat up to look over at her friend standing watching her friend placed on the table with two bikers sitting by the table looking around bored.

"What are you doing?" the pregnant woman asked as she walked over the room with a hand over her big and round stomach, reminding Evelyn of the twins that would come soon.

"Looking at the ceiling," Ev answered and jumped down from the table to take a seat beside Emma. The lady looked at her dead husband's best friend with a small smile spreading on her lips.

"You are bored, aren't you?" She asked, remembering just how restless Ev and James could be. How the two always had something to do, and if not, they wear pretty sure to find something new to pass the time with. Evelyn couldn't help but blush at the words knowing how well Emma knew her.

"Can you blame me?" Evelyn said and gave up one of the famous innocent smiles she always gave Emma whenever she did something Emma wouldn't like. Emma shook her head and made a gesture to the room before looking back at Ev with tired eyes. Evelyn knew Emma had had a hard time sleeping since the day James died, and with the twins in constant movements now, she probably didn't sleep much at all.

"Dance for me... Please?" Emma asked with pleading eyes. Emma was one of the few people that knew about her dancing and the panic attacks. At first, Evelyn was on her way to protest, like she always did when someone suggested she do the activity she loved and hated. But when a voice in her mind, Jeremiah, popped up telling her about the possible plans she silent down the protests.

"Fine, let me just get my shoes," Ev said and stood up. The two bikers that had their round with her stood up with questionable looks on their faces, not knowing about the dancing. Without a word, the trio walked up the stairs and got the shoes Evelyn said she would get. The two bikers followed close by her giving each other looks wondering what was going on and what they had missed about the detective. At first, Evelyn had been irritated, always having someone at her heels felt wrong, but nowadays she had begun to get used to the constant company.