8

--<3--

--<3--

The day after the detective's arrival, Jeremiah stood in his kitchen humming to the song on the radio. With swift and skilful moves, he made his way around the kitchen. The fish dish was going to be perfect, he just knew it. The air was flowing with smells making everyone walking past the kitchen praise the chef, jokes on them, it would be fish tonight, and as Jeremiah knew, everyone didn't like it, but he loved making it, so it didn't matter.

"I just want you, baby, to myself," Jeremiah sang as he made his way around the kitchen. If anyone asked him if he could dance, he would joke about it, but honestly yes he could do a few moves. J and his mom had almost always danced together when cooking. Well, not when his dad was in the picture, but after that.

"Hmm, looking good, the footwork is quite good," A voice said from behind, making Jeremiah jump almost five meters up in the air. When Jeremiah finally turned around, his face was all red, making the intruder giggle.

Evelyn that had walked around the territory over the day had made her way into the kitchen mostly because she needed a snack, but now when she was there she thought she could check the place out, crossing it off the list for now. She had been surprised to see and hear the biker sing and dance as he moved around carefree with that sexy apron on.

Something inside the detective's stomach spin around at the thought, and she needed to take her eyes off the man quickly before her eyes told too much.

"Oh, I didn't see or hear you. Do you always sneak up on others?" Jeremiah asked as he pushed on his usually joking attitude. It was easier to pretend to be that carefree dude than to let the lust flow through his mind. Evelyn let a small smile on her lips as she walked deeper into the kitchen.

"Comes with the job, you know," She said back as she began looking around the place. It was amazing how it felt so alive. The air was full of amazing aromas, and it was like electric were jumping around as the blues were playing from the small radio in a corner of a window. Next to the dark radio stood a few plants with something Evelyn only could assume were things you could use in cooking.

"I wouldn't know. I'm not a cop," Jeremiah said while he was watching the girl look around the kitchen in amazement. For a moment she almost looked relaxed and out of the police role. But as fast as it was there, it disappeared, and the police attitude was on again.

"Yeah, right. I guess I can start to look around here when I am here," She said starting to open a door to a pantry. Moving her eyes over all the spices Jeremiah had, she couldn't help but get a frown.

"Who needs this many spices?" She mutters to herself as she took a random one to look at the label.

"When you are a chef, you need that many, if not more, sometimes," Jeremiah answered as he was steering a sauce he was making for the dish. Evelyn looked over at him with an apologetic smile.