29

--<3--

--<3--

Evelyn sat by her desk listening to the constant ticking of the clock by the wall. The two weeks away from the mc had been nothing she ever thought they would be, all she could think about was James' safety and Jeremiah's. She missed the biker even more than she had imagined when she left and it is really hard for her not to take a cab over to the mc just to get a glimpse of the man she knew she loved. James who knew Evelyn almost better than himself had tried to distract her with different tasks knowing very well that she would one day give up the waiting and visit the mc.

A knock on the office door was heard and sent the detective back to her reality. With a come in she waited patiently for the visitor and found Mr Wilson by the door with an annoying look on his face, something hasn't gone his way, and it pleased Evelyn to see that so she put on a sweet smile to look like she was concerned by his irritation.

"We have one from the mc in room five, he has been stealing from a boutique, but he refuses to speak to anyone but you," The chief said and crossed his arms over his chest staring at the detective. It was clear that he didn't like following the demands of the biker, and it annoyed him even more than someone like Evelyn could talk to them. Ev stood up and gave of a long sigh, this was the third time one of them was sent to the station without any evidence.

"I will go and speak with the biker," Evelyn said and walked out of her office door and right up to room five. The door was made out of metal and had a tiny little window only she could see through. The detective could see a well-looking man with arms built of big muscles and eyes sending lightning everywhere they looked. With a bit of force, Evelyn opened the door into the room which made Jax look over at her.

"This is ridiculous" was the first thing the president said and held up his arms showing up the chains holding him to the place. Evelyn looked over at the tinted wall ready to speak with whoever was behind it.

"Could someone give me the keys to his chains?" the detective said and sat down opposite the man feeling an irritation bubble up inside of her. She couldn't understand how they even could treat them like this and no one is saying anything. It took some time before the door fly up with the receptionist walking in on shaky legs.

"H-here detective," She said and almost threw the key over at the woman before running out of the room like it was on fire. Evelyn, on the other hand, had steady hands as she open up the cuffs the president was in before placing the keys in one of her pockets. Jax's sight annoyed and rubbed his now red wrist feeling free again.

"What am I doing here really?" He asked as Evelyn pressed the red bottom on the recorder.

"This is Detective Evelyn Maxwell interviewing Mr West, remember that anything you say here can be used against you, are we clear Mr West?" She asked and looked right into those shining blue eyes that began to narrow down as he watch her. At first, he didn't say anything before he threw out his arms.