7 minutes

You had always loved Saturday nights, the one day a week where you could literally do nothing all day and not feel guilty about it. The one night a week where you got to see most of your friends, hang out, and of course, get tipsy and play a bunch of stupid games; tonight was no different.

You had arrived at your friend Jennie's house, a little late, and by the looks of it, you were the last to arrive. Your friend group wasn't enormously big, just around six or so depending on the night, any more and things usually got out of hand. There was you, Jennie, your mutual friends Lisa and Roseanne, and then the boys: Jackson and Namjoon. You all had become friends while in university, and you're happy to say you were able to remain friends afterward. Sometimes the boys would bring their other friends, ones they had met through work, and tonight you were happy to see Jisoo, Tae, Jungkook, and Hoseok here as well. You didn't know them as well, but every time you hung with them, they had been nothing but kind. If you're honest, the people you knew best here were Roseanne and Jennie, the three of you had lived in the same dorm freshman year, and since then, you had been inseparable.

"y/n!" Jennie called excitedly, crossing the room to greet you. "I was afraid you weren't gonna make it!"

"Sorry," you exclaimed, "Literally got halfway here and realized I had forgotten the chips!" she laughed, taking them from you, and setting them on the counter next to the taco dip; a classic staple in your university days. "I see everyone else is already here." you mused, scanning the room.

"Yeah, don't worry though, Jisoo and Tae literally got here five minutes before you," she laughed, and set a hand on your shoulder, slightly turning you towards the back of the room. "But she's been here all night, asking me every couple minutes if I've heard from you," she whispered, you were sure she was wiggling her eyebrows at you.

You looked across the room, and saw Roseanne, laughing with Hoseok and Jungkook. She hadn't seen you yet, and selfishly you loved that you were able to stare at her carefree, taking in all the things you loved about her. You hadn't seen her in a while, school kept you both busy, and with both of you working part time jobs, a couple weeks had gone by since your last hang out. God how you had missed her.

"You're staring.." Jennie chuckled, as your best friend said, a friend who had also known Roseanne the longest and knew all about your crush on her. She was actually the one who called you out on it first, and from then on, she loved to tease you about it, but in all honesty, if she didn't know, and wasn't there for you to give advice or listen to you rant, you're sure you would have gone insane by now.

"Ahhh, yeah," you laughed nervously, tearing your view from her. and facing Jennie. "God, it's getting worse isn't it?"

"Noooo," she said, obviously lying, but you appreciated the false confidence. "Okay, maybe, but you're in love, how else are you supposed to cope with that?"

"Oooh, I'd say drinking my sorrows away so I don't have to think about how she'll never like me back." you laughed, grabbing a drink from the cooler. Jennie looked at you, concerned. "Jen I'm fine, seriously. I've come to terms with it, and at this point, she's just a placeholder till I find someone new."

"I've always said this, and I stand by it: Roseanne is so fucking stupid. Thick as a brick."

"Yah!" She suddenly called from across the room. "Jennie are you talking shit?" you laughed, trying to figure out how much she heard.

"Absolutely not," she said, looking towards you. "But y/n totally was!"

"Jen!" you yelled, embarrassed. You looked up, making eye contact with Roseanne, and her face lit up.

"y/n! Why didn't you tell me you were here?" She said, coming over to you. Jennie winked and left to go talk to Lisa. She came up to you, immediately crushing you in a hug. Your face was right up against her chest, you could smell her perfume, and god was it intoxicating.