Midnight

You loved the dark. What people would find terrifying, and what caused nightmares for many as children, you adored.

At night, you felt at peace. Especially when in the arms of the one you love.

You and Rosie were both strong insomniacs, to the point where 3am became known as 'early' to you. You could never fall asleep, tossing and turning until the sun came up. At first you hated it. You wanted nothing more than to fall asleep, and pass the time peacefully until the dreaded next day came. But as you got older, you realised the beauty in your condition. You now could pursue the things that you had no time for during the day, and most importantly you could simply space out whilst looking out the window, letting all the worries flow away.

Now your midnight escapades were more enjoyable and versatile. You found a soulmate who suffered with the same as you did. Except for her, staying awake never became enjoyable as it had become for you. It was simply a nuisance, with her trying many remedies in order to 'cure' her insomnia, but nothing worked. Until she met you.

Neither of you suffered alone anymore. You both now found yourselves spending the nights watching movies; knitting, or simply staring out onto the quiet streets. Sometimes you would go on walks, letting the breezy air pass by you as you held hands with Rosie as the time flew by. Those were always the most enjoyable for you, the late night walks allowed you and Rosie to grow closer, you having met at around 2am on a random but lucky Friday night. You guys talked about anything and everything, allowing your mind to run free whilst the majority of the city slept.

Now, on this peaceful Saturday night, looking out at the full moon, you held Rosie as she babbled on about her favourite clothing wear and what she needed to do regarding her wardrobe. You loved listening to her voice. It became soothing for you. Even when she ranted, you couldn't help but admire her. She's everything to you. She's your goddess in the moonlight.

So, the dark didn't seem bad anymore. It was now linked to Rosie, the love of your life. What previously seemed unbearable, now held a special place in both of your hearts, forever.