seventeen

"AND THAT'S NOT normal, right?" nancy asks

"billy staying in his room on the fourth of july?" y/n stated. "no, that's not normal."

"he wants us to find him." will realizes.

"yeah, that's what i'm afraid of." nancy admitted. "if we go to billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"it's a trap, i agree." mike says. "we'll be ambushed."

"we won't be surprised." lucas adds. "we'll know that they're coming back, and we will kick their flayed butts."

"you mean el will kick their butts." max corrects.

"it's too risky." mike speaks up.

"yeah, and unnecessary." nancy agrees. "killing the flayed won't stop the mind flayer. we have to find out where it's spreading from. we have to find the source."

"billy knows it." el says as she walks towards them. "billy's been there. to the source."

"yeah, but—" nancy began.

"it's a trap." el cuts her off. "i know. i can't go to billy, but i think there's another way. a way for me to see where's he's been."

el turns on the tv static, and sits down, then mike comes down next to her.

(i'm gonna skip over el in the void, because i'm pretty sure you know what happens, and i'm too lazy to write it.)

-

"no!" el screamed as she ripped off her blindfold.

el started sobbing, still shaken up after what happened.

-

"they said they were building something." el explained, shaken up. "that it was all for me."

"building something.. are they talking about the flayed?" max asked.

"he must be." nancy intervenes.

"so, they're building an army, just like we thought." lucas says.

"yeah, but they're not building this army to spread." mike reminds them.

"they're building it to stop eleven." will realizes.

"last year, el closed the gate on him." mike explains. "i have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"like royally." lucas adds.

"and the mind flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him." mike says. "but if she's out of the way."