three

MAX Y/N, AND LUCAS were walking in the hallway together, as max and y/n held their skateboards

max and y/n were still confused on what happened with will last night, and they were both curious.

"i still don't get why they call will zombie boy." max commented. "i mean, i get it. will got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? because everyone thought he was dead?"

"yeah." lucas replied, simply to the ginger haired girl. "i mean, we had a funeral for him and everything."

"after a week?" y/n asked, confused.

"well, see, some other kid drowned at the quarry. we thought it was will, because the body was super decomposed." lucas explained to y/n.

"what?" y/n stops lucas, since her and max thought it was just some sick joke. "okay, that's not funny."

"it's not a joke, all right?" lucas tells y/n. "it's public knowledge. you can ask anybody. except will, because he is really sensitive about it." lucas warned her.

"okay.." y/n hesitantly agreed as she furrowed her brows.

lucas, y/n, and max continued walking to their next class across the hallway.

-

"the case of phineas gage." mr. clarke explained in class. "a large iron rod was driven completely through his head. phineas miraculously survived. he seemed fine. and physically, yes, he was."

"although it wasn't-" mr. clarke continued explaining, until he got cut off by someone rushing through the doors.

"i am so sorry, mr clarke." dustin apologized, as he panted. "really, i'm so sorry. please continue with the class. don't mind me, reply continue, please. thanks."

dustin started settling down in his desk, and set his backpack on the floor, near his desk.

"-although it wasn't a crowbar, it was a rod, as i said." mr. clarke continued explaining.

dustin then turns to will, mike, and lucas.

"we have to meet. all of us. at lunch, av club." dustin whispers to them.

"why?" mike curiously asks.

"i have something that you won't believe." dustin replies.

mike slowly nodded, then he looked down at his shoes, and faced mr. clarke again.

dustin then turned to max and y/n in the back of the class.