The Vanishing: Part 1

"I'm here, I'm here!" Bob said as he ran into the training area.

"Bob, you're late again." Chase scolded.

"Hey, it's not my fault I overslept. It's Bree's." Bob defended, gesturing to Bree.

"What?! How is it my fault?" Bree asked.

"You keep showin' up in my dreams." Bob said, flirting with Bree.

Donald and Douglas then walked into the room, giggling with excitement, both being noticed by Leo and Jodie. "What's up with you?" Leo asked.

"Wait, wait. Someone asked you to prom." Jodie teased, her and Leo doing their handshake.

"No. But thanks for opening up old wounds." Douglas said to the superhuman, who raised her hands in mock surrender.

"After countless hours of research and development, Douglas and I have finally perfected the most amazing bionic operating system upgrade ever!" Donald explained.

"Ugh, I woke up for this?" Bob asked.

"This upgrade is gonna be like going from motor scooters to jet engines. It'll make all of your abilities 10 times more powerful." Douglas said.

"An upgrade, huh? Well, I'm not sure you can make my leg anymore powerful, but go ahead; give it a go. Ha!" Leo said as he kicked the air.

"Sorry, Leo, the upgrade only works on people with bionic chips." Donald said to the boy.

"What?"

"Be grateful you have a bionic arm and a bionic leg. That's all you're getting. Well, at least until your next horrific accident." Donald said and laughed. Leo laughed as well before glaring at Donald, quickly shutting the man up.

"Mr. Davenport, are you sure that this new upgrade is safe? I mean, some of our students haven't even mastered their bionics at the current level." Chase said.

"Yeah, Mr. Davenport, I know you want to give us like, the coolest thing ever, but do you have to?" Bree asked in a mocking tone.

"Don't worry. I built in a skill app that allows the students to master their amped-up abilities instantly." Donald said.

"Bottom line, this upgrade is the best thing that Donnie and I have ever created together. I am so proud of you!" Douglas beamed, looking at his brother.

"No, I'm proud of you!" Donald exclaimed.

"I'm proud of you!"

"I'm proud of you!"

"If you two went back to hating each other, it'll make all of us very proud." Jodie said, leaning into Chase, who had wrapped his arms around her.

"Stop, Bree. You're embarrassing yourself. Oh, sweet girl, you don't have to beg. I'll allow you to kiss me." Bob said, sleep-talking.

"Okay, I'll wake him up." Adam said. He tried to walk over to the young boy, but was stopped by Bree.

"Nope, I got this." Bree said. She super speeded out of the room and came back in seconds with a training dummy. Bree put the dummy in front of Bob, everyone watching as the boy started kissing it.

"Hm. They actually make a cute couple." Adam said as Jodie took a picture of Bob.

***
"How's it going with the upgrade?" Donald asked as he walked into the training area.

"I'll let you be the judge. Go ahead, Jenny. Show him how powerful you are now." Douglas smiled. Jenny then launched fire from her hand, making Donald jump as the floor burned between his legs.