Hole in One

"Hey, guys, check this out. I picked this up at an auction today, and it only cost me a million dollars." Donald said as the group of five walked into the living room.

"Wha-? For a sheet? Well, I guess I'd better start saving up if I'm gonna be a ghost for Halloween." Adam said.

"It's a painting, Adam, by a very famous artist named Von Schtopp." Donald said and uncovered the painting.

"Hm. I wish I would have been there to 'Von Schtopp' you from buying it." Leo said.

"What is it?" Adam said, looking at the painting.

"It's abstract art, Adam. It's whatever you think it is." Donald said to the boy.

"I think it's a crying woman." Bree said.

"I think it's a storm at sea." Chase continued.

"I think someone just blew a million bucks." Jodie said as Leo high-fived her.

At that moment, Donald's phone rang. "That's me. Davenport Industries. Hello? Uh-huh. Oh, boy. All right." Donald said and hung up. "Looks like I've got to put out a fire at work." Donald said to the group of five.

"What happened?" Chase asked.

"Betty from accounting got her head caught in the positron collider again." Donald said.

"Ooh!" The five teens grimaced.

"That's gonna be messy. Can you guys put that in the art vault for me?" Donald asked.

"Wait, you have an art vault?" Leo asked.

"When are you guys gonna learn? I have a everything." Donald said and chuckled. "But whatever you do, do not touch the Davenportraits." Donald continued.

"What's a Davenportrait?" Jodie asked.

~~~
A few minutes later, the group of five were now standing inside the art vault, looking at the Davenportraits.

"Am I screaming out loud or just inside my head?" Leo said.

"I'm just gonna say it: Davenport is one weird dude." Chase said.

Adam walked up to a stand and put the painting on it. "Ah. Voila. The Von Schto-" Adam said, but started to sneeze.

"Ew, gross, gross, gross...!" "Turn around! Not on me!" "Other way, please!" The other four complained as Adam faced them.

Adam turned around towards the painting and sneezed, accidentally triggering his heat vision, burning a hole through the painting. "Whoa."

"Adam, what did you do?" Chase said, walking up to the painting.

"Oh, I think that sneeze accidentally triggered my heat vision." Adam said.

"Big D is going to freak out!" Leo said as they all looked at the painting.

"Let's not panic. This hole is barely noticeable." Chase said. Adam sneezed again and burned an even bigger hole into the paining. "That, however, is incredibly noticeable!" Chase said.

"Ads, a piece of advice. If you're going to destroy paintings, do it to those!" Jodie said, pointing to the Davenportraits.

***
"Adam, I cannot believe you just destroyed Mr. Davenport's million-dollar painting!" Chase said after looking through the burnt hole.

"Mr. Davenport's gonna kill us when he sees what happened." Bree said.

"Okay, well, maybe he won't notice if we fill the room with things that look much more hideous." Adam suggested.