Chapter 55: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

When suddenly, you felt it, there was someone else here but you couldn't see them, with you subtly attempting to look around without worrying Pharaoh or Spiderman. Of course, they both noticed how tense you were all of a sudden, but you played it off with an awkward laugh, saying "oh yeah, my Antennae sometimes pick up weird signals and it kind of throws me for a loop when it happens, I'm still not quite used to it". At that point though, you realized the time, clearing your throat before informing Spidey that it was probably time for you to go back to the Mansion. You made sure to mention that you really enjoyed hanging out with him and that you looked forward to their next hang-out, jokingly asking if he wanted to take out all of Hydra next as they worked so well together. He tricked you though, "taking what you said seriously" and in turn, you clarified that you were just kidding but you caught on and let out a little laugh. You playfully shove Spidey away, saying that you'd see him later, giving him a big smile as you took off into the sky with Pharaoh, waving goodbye, with him doing the same.

The feeling that someone was there didn't really go away until you got back to the mansion, although you did keep looking over your shoulder, even after the feeling disappeared. You decided that some actual alone time was necessary, so you sent Pharaoh off to hang out with Captain America as they had become friends, to be fair though, most of these Avengers liked your Wolf. But before you went off to have some alone time, you finished up some work on some new fabric, it was meant to hold up against the elements, specifically those who had elemental abilities like the Human Torch. You had Thor help you out with that, having him test it with his lightning, with the fabric having an added defence against magical energy attacks which was so interesting. You actually spent a long time in the lab after that discovery, trying to determine what it was that defended against magic as it was an outcome you didn't expect or account for. By the time you took a little break, you realized that it was super late like it was almost 3 AM and you were surprised by how sucked in you got. Okay, you weren't that surprised but it had been a while since you got lost in your work like that, it was a little scary but also amazing as you were pretty sure you found your true calling.

You decided it would best to call it a night, as although you weren't really that tired, thanks to your healing factor you didn't want to get used to staying up for multiple days. You found out from your father that it was likely as long as you didn't use too much of your light powers, you could go without food, water, and sleep for just as long as he could. The longest he went was 6 six months and that was not a record you were interested in breaking, but seeing as things would still be quiet for a few hours, you decided to stay up a little longer. You headed back to your room, packing up all of your work before heading off to your room, opening and closing the door as quietly as possible so you didn't wake Pharaoh. It would seem however that Pharaoh wasn't in your room, with you guessing he must be sleeping outside or with one of the other Avengers as he would do that sometimes. You didn't mind of course, with part of you enjoying the fact that you were completely by yourself, speedily taking off all of your clothes to take a shower.

You felt so much more relaxed now but you thought having a bath right now would be amazing, quickly filling up the tub and tossing in a bath bomb and some bubble elixir. Loki really liked taking baths after washing up in the shower and you had grown to like them when he run baths for you while were sick. You take a second to tie up your hair, grab your waterproof earbuds, starting one of your relaxing playlists, this one was nature sounds mixed with smooth Jazz. "This is nice" you let out a long calming sigh, as you sink into a comfortable position, letting your wings rest over the side, going completely as your whole body warms up. You eventually hit the button that turned on the jets and your bath just went from a 10 to an 11, the blasting pressure felt amazing on your limbs. You adjusted as the tub was sculpted, having a built-in seat on the one side, with you soon deciding to get extra comfortable, soon drifting off to sleep.