What The Hell Dad

Start from the beginning

“Will you both just listen to me? Please!”

“You’ve got to be kidding me” Robby shook his head, clearly angry 

“You have every right to be upset” Dad agreed with us

“How could you take me to Mexico and not mention once we’re coming to get Miguel? Come on Robby let’s go to Mexico, come back with some stories, get your sister away from some fights so her leg can heal”

“Wait what?” was that a part of his plan? The knee brace wasn’t enough?

“Did you know about this? And don’t bullshit me Harley” Robby whipped around to look at me, now I wished I’d sat in the front seat

“I knew Miguel had probably come here, but I figured he’d have gone to Ecuador, not here, I didn’t know this is why we were going here, it just hit me, I’m sorry okay, I can’t know everything” Robby let off me and turned back around “Not gonna lie dad, as much as I miss Miguel I’m definitely on Robby’s side for this, this isn’t fair to either of us, you bullshitted”

“I wasn’t bullshitting you Robby I wanna fix our relationship, all of us. When I heard Miguel was in trouble, I had to do something I just couldn’t leave you both at home, I’m done doing that” boy am I glad I held my tongue “Besides, I need your help to find Miguel”

“My help? Do you even have a plan?” Robby questioned

“Yeah of course I do” Dad scoffed “Miguel’s looking for Hector Salazar, I know where the kid gets off the bus, that’s our first stop”

“And when we get there what do you plan on doing?” I asked, already knowing the answer

“I’ll ask around if anyone saw Miguel” Dad answered, yup, just what I thought

“That’s the big plan?” Robby was truly speechless

“Of course not, we come up dry I’ll check the Mexican phone book”

“Oh my go- you drove me over a thousand miles to check a phone book? You might as well put Miguel’s face on a milk carton” Apparently not so speechless 

“They still do that?”

“No dad, no they don’t” I groaned 

“I could be at home with Tory, coming with you was a mistake” Robby mumbled

“Mm on second thought” I mumbled

“Harley don’t start-”

“Hey, I thought we talked about that” Dad butted in “You both hate each others significant others, I told you not to bring it up. Alright, and I’m sorry, okay? I thought this trip would help you and Miguel get over your shit” Robby still looked mad “Look when we get to the bus station, if you wanna buy a ticket home, you can go home. I- I don’t want you to go home, but i-”

“Dad watch out!” Robby shouted

Dad and Robby both grabbed the wheel as we just barely dodged around a large truck full of branches, and then went nose first into a tree. I sighed, leaning my head against the back of Robby’s seat. This, was not how this was supposed to go. Luckily, at least luckily for the van, all that was wrong was a tire popped, and dad thankfully remembered to put a spare in the back.

“Where the hell did Larusso hide the lug wrench?” Dad grumbled

“Wait, this is Daniel’s car? I thought you bought this” I tried remembering when dad had explained it to me, Robby pulled back a compartment and grabbed the wrench, how does he know where it is?!

“I lived in here remember?” Robby mumbled

“Of course I remember”

“You lived in here?!” I exclaimed while dad and Robby walked around to the front of the car, where have I been for the last seasons of my life?

“When I ran away after the school fight” Robby spoke under his breath, enough said “How the hell’d you get this car anyway?” Robby asked dad

“I went looking for you” Dad answered, starting to remove bolts “After you went missing me and Lorusso tried to find you, we found this hunk of junk instead. We found some pissant driving it instead of you, we chased him to a chop shop. Ended up fighting the douchebags that stole it”

“I had no idea” Robby spoke honestly

Dad sighed, setting down the wrench, here we go “I know I haven’t been there for you Robby. More times than I can count, but I’ve also failed Miguel, hell I’m the reason he ran off in the first place…… I failed Harley too, she was the only one that never gave up on me- well…… after, after everything started” Dad rambled as he stood up “I’m out here, trying to fix my mistakes so I don’t have to live with regret in me. If you’re so serious about making things right, you can start by helping Miguel. I know you have your fair share of regrets when it comes to him” Robby didn’t say anything, which didn’t surprise me “I’m gonna call Carmen, I’ll be right back, finish taking these off”

Robby took the wrench as dad walked away to call Miguel’s mom. I bent down beside Robby, sitting on the forest floor while Robby worked. The two of us had gained pretty much all our ground back since the tournament, mostly because I’m a sucker and can’t stay mad at him, but also because I could really feel Robby trying. He was trying so hard to make everything right, we just needed to get rid of that one last smoke curtain with the rest of the guys, and everything would be okay.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

We back baby! Season 5 is here!! Ya miss me? ;)