𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

the first outing

"all's well that end's well" is a bunch of bullshit to sadie

"all's well that end's well" is a bunch of bullshit to sadie. she's in a new hell every time amelia double-crosses her mind.

it's her first outing since the breakup that happened a little over a month ago. she's currently at a party with people older than her. she definitely had to be the youngest one there.

she's sees all the girls that are amelia's age and immediately thinks of one of the things she had said to her.

"why can't you just explain to me the other reasons?" sadie has started begging.

"there's only one reason," amelia assured her.

"fucking look at me! fucking tell me!"

"if we had been closer in age, maybe it would have been fine!"

and that made her want to die.

sadie sees all these girls who act so dependent. she started thinking about who amelia thought sadie was.

did she think she was a never-needy, ever lovely jewel whose shine reflected on her?

but she wasn't weeping in a party bathroom this time. she partly didn't care.

until she had just gotten a drink as an actress came up to her.

"oh my god! sadie sink! how are you?"

"oh, um, i'm good."

sadie completely forgot who this person was.

"i heard about your breakup with amelia, and i have to say, i'm so sorry. you two were perfect for each other."

if only she knew.

"what even happened?"

sadie wanted to just scream it from her lungs.

amelia happened. that's what happened: amelia.

but she didn't.

"it was a mutual break up. i'm fine. thanks though."

"well i wish you the best of luck," she smiled and then walked away.

and sadie's heart ached.