𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆

the reeling

ever since the party and the actress trying to comfort her, sadie was reminded of everything again

the days have started blending together. she doesn't even remember what day it is.

it's like time won't fly. it's like she paralyzed by it. she would love to be her old self again, but she's still trying to find it.

she sits in silence a lot, not bothering to go out.

she's still very hurt and very affected by it.

after plaid shirt days and nights where amelia made sadie her own, she's started mailing back her things and now sadie walks home alone.

sadie wants an explanation more than anything from her ex-girlfriend. but she won't get one. she can't get one.

amelia lives in a completely different state.

there was a knock on sadie's bedroom door from her mother. sadie stayed in bed, not wanting to get up.

her mother walked in anyway, seeing her in her bed.

"sadie, dinner is ready. it's your favorite. spinach lasagna."

"i'm not hungry," she replied.

"sadie, will you please eat something? i haven't seen you eat anything in at least a week."

"i'm not hungry," sadie said more clearly.

"sadie, listen to me. i get that you loved amelia, but ignoring the situation isn't going to make it go away. will you please do even the smallest thing for me and let her go?"

when sadie didn't respond, her mother shut her door.

but it did get sadie thinking.

she stood up and went over to the box of things that were mailed to her.

she picked up a photo that was in the box and looked at it for a short while.

and then she did something she never thought she would do.

she ripped it up.

she ripped it up into tiny pieces. she ripped it up until there was barely anything to rip up anymore. she then held the pieces in her hand and threw them in her trash.

and then she went downstairs to eat.