Chapter Six

Sam Wilkinson POV

To say that message from Blake didn't hurt was an understatement. I knew I had hurt her. I didn't think I had hurt her that much though. It doesn't matter Sam, it's all the same no matter how big or small, it hurt. I didn't think it would turn out this way. Why didn't I just tell her how I felt in the beginning, when I came over to tell her? I've stuffed everything up and now she wants nothing to do with me. Why did I even do that? Maybe I should tell her everything now? No, she's mad at you! You were just being stupid and jealous.

It's been a week and a bit since mine and Blake's messages. I miss talking to her, but I have to remember I did this to her. I was the one that got jealous of her and Matt being so close but if it wasn't for me they wouldn't have even gotten close. I did this. I only have myself to blame.  

We were all just hanging around watching television and laughing. Blake and Matt looked really cute. Matt was showing her stuff on his phone and she was laughing and enjoying herself. She looked happy. So what if they're together. He can treat her better than I ever have.

"Are you two like together now?" Aaron asked from across the room directing it to Blake and Matt, immediately getting my attention.

Blake looked over at me and almost looked sad before mentioning "Nah, we're just good friends."

They're just good friends. They're only friends. Why did I get so freaked out? I should have just asked her, she's my best friend. Was my best friend. I don't even know if you would class us as friends anymore. I hadn't noticed I had been staring at Blake and Matt until I saw him whisper something in her ear, she looked at me with a sad look on her face and nodded. That wasn't strange.

~Later that day ~

Everyone had decided to go swimming in the pool. I saw Blake sitting by the pool so I took this as my chance to go and speak to her. "Hey." Oh my god Sam you could have said something more than that.

"Hey, you okay?" she replied nudging me. "Yeah I'm all good." I replied.

"You sure? You look sad lately." Were we actually talking? Having a conversation.

"I miss how we used to be. I'm sorry I let us drift apart." Blake looked at me in disbelief. "You're sorry? Can we go back to how we were?"

"Yes. I would love that Blake?" We did our secret handshake and then joined the others. They must have seen us talking and how close we were acting now because we were met with "You guys are finally together now?" "It's about time" Blake looked at me really sad before saying "No. Just friends again. He has a girlfriend anyway"

"You didn't tell her?"

"He doesn't have a girlfriend anymore."

Blake looked almost happy like relief had washed over her and then her face turned to hurt and betrayal. "You guys broke up?" "Yeah." Blake looked at me and walked off. I found her in the kitchen.

"Were you ever going to tell me you guys broke up?" Blake asked without even turning around acknowledging me.

"Yes. That's why I came over the other night to tell you, but..."

"But?" Blake said clearly annoyed.

"I saw you with Matt."

"And? Were you jealous of him? Because he was being a friend to me than you were?"

"I didn't meant to hurt you."

"Well you did."

Here you go Sam, tell her. Put it all on the table.

"I know. I know I did. Emily said that. She said all of that. She said by hurting you I was pushing you further away and making us both miserable. She opened my eyes to things I was way too afraid to admit. She broke up with me and left me because she knew how much I was in love with you. How much I would always be in love with you. She could see how jealous I was when you would give everyone else your attention. She knew how much I love you and told me I had to go and see you right away and tell you before I lost you forever, but that already happened. I saw you with Matt and I just freaked. I just thought you were with him now and had forgotten about me, but now I know that's not true. But I need you to know Blake that I am so in love with you and I am so sorry for how I have treated you lately."

"Sam"  

A/N Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)