Chapter Four

Blake Gilinsky POV

Matt has been hanging out with us a lot lately. It has honestly been nice. The Jacks and Matt haven been taking my mind off Sam a lot and honestly it has been working. Most of the time. When I'm alone he is constantly on my mind. I wonder how he is, if he's okay, what he's up to and why he did this.

"Blakey Wakey" Matt spoke getting my attention

"Oh sorry, hi!"

"What's up?"

"Just thinking.. Thinking about how different everything is now. I haven't spoken to Sam in like two weeks when I usually would have spoken to him every day, I've become so much closer to you now ever since. It's just weird how things happen"

"I'm glad" he spoke

"What" I jumped slight puzzled. He lightly laughed "I'm glad at how much closer we have become now, I'm not glad about you and Sam but I'm glad that we're a lot closer now. You're my bestie!"

"Hey Blake, Matt, we're going to the beach, come on!" Shouted Johnson from downstairs. "Quick, let's go!"

~At the beach~

"Last one there is a rotten egg" The Jacks practically yelled racing into the water. "You coming Blake?" Matt asked me, but before I could reply he had picked me up and was running towards the water. "No, no!" I screamed. "Don't throw me"

"I'm not going to throw you" "Or am I?"

"Ow stop it!"

We finally reached the water and Matt had put me down. He was just staring at me. He started to lean in. Ah oh, is he going to kiss me?

"BLAKEEEEEEEEEE" I heard before I was being pulled under the water by Gilinsky.

Was Matt about to kiss me? Was I about to let him? He probably wasn't. Do I like him? No shut up Blake you love Sam. Remember Sam? Sam. Oh Sam. Sam. I don't even know what Sam and I are anymore. Do I like Matt though? Okay Blake enough I enough, you may claim to like Matt but you are in love with Sam. Yeah but Sam has a girlfriend he doesn't need me. So you're just going to forget about him? Why do you do this to me? Why can't you just leave me alone?

"Sis you okay?"

"Yeah."

"I saw what happened. I thought I should just stop it in case anything happens."

"In case anything happens?"

"You like him. But you love Sam and that would have just made everything messy. You would have just hurt more."

"How do you know me better than I know myself?"

"Alright lets swim" someone shouted.

The rest of the day at the beach was good. There was no awkwardness or tension and my mind decided to leave me alone for once. We were all just having fun and laughing and it was nice. One the drive home my mind started to wonder. What if Matt does like me? I like him. I do. But I love Sam, and that wouldn't be fair on Matt. It would hurt Sam. Who cares Blake, he hurt you? What would I do if Matt asked me out? Or if he told me he liked me? Would I just tell him what he wants to hear knowing it'll hurt Sam? Would I keep these feelings I'm not even sure are there in hopes that maybe Sam might one day have the same feelings as I do?

Later that night I was watching movies in my room with Matt. He was just keeping me company as the nights were the worst. That was when all the thoughts came flooding in. Everything about Sam and me. All the memories. The memory when we were 5 and he pushed me over just because he could. Or the time when he ate the last cookie. The time when he stuck up for me in primary school because the bullies were picking on me. The time when he would stay with me in the treehouse because the Jacks were too scared and eventually outgrew it. The time when we were seven and he said he'd beat me up but said he would never hit someone. The time when I dared him to kiss me but then ran once he tried. The time when we used to ride in his car in the middle of the night to just forget the world.

I was snapped out of my thoughts from knocking at the door. 2AM the clock read. Who would be visiting at 2AM? Who in their right mind would? "I ah don't think that's a good idea mate" I heard my brother say from downstairs. "I don't care, I have to" I heard. Sam. Sam was here. He was at my bedroom door at 2 in the morning.

"Um Sam, hi. What are you doing here?" I asked shocked as Matt got up and left. "I ah came to talk to you, but it's okay. I can go now." And with that he left just as quickly as he had come. He wanted to talk to me. Now he wants to talk to me.

"SAM DON'T LEAVE" I screamed chasing after him. He just turned around said "I'm sorry" got in his car and drove off. What is happening? A million thoughts raced through my mind. Was Sam mad at me because I was with Matt? He's with Emily, why would it matter? Should I go after him? What did he want to talk to me about? Why couldn't he just call? He hasn't really been a best friend to me lately. But if I don't go after him now I might lose him forever. He must have wanted to talk about something important if he came at 2am. What's he going to do now? He looked sad and annoyed. Almost betrayed. Is he okay? Blake. Stop it.

"I have to go after him. I have to make sure he's okay. I can't lose him." I told them. "I'll come with you." "No Matt. This is something I have to do myself."

I was driving around town trying to find Sam. I checked his house, no sign of him. I checked the park, the shopping centre anywhere he would go, and places we used to go to. I couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe he's getting away from here. Maybe he's trying not to be found. I've called him a million times but he won't pick up at all. Go home Blake. You need to sleep. You've been awake all night. You're doing nobody any good right now. He doesn't want to be found. Go home. No I have to find him. What if he's done something stupid? If he needed help he would have called you. 

A/N This one isn't very good. Feedback would be really appreciated. Thanks for reading.