chapter eight:friends

Donna pov:
I yawned tiredly as I woke up and I turned over to see Gwen still sleeping next to me I could feel my face heat up as I got up, did we sleep in the same bed? Already? I've only known her for like a week now I was supposed to make a bed for her on the floor whatever it's fine. I got up and got dressed and then looked over to Gwen who was still sleeping so I decided to wake her up.
"Ugh, it's too early go away!" She shouted tiredly waving her hand away at me I couldn't help but laugh, she fluttered her eyes open and stood up.
"Good morning Gwen." I said with a smile on my face she smiled back and just stared me,
"Uh good morning now I need some clothes." she partly yawned out and I walked over to the closet and grabbed a white button up and a plaid strapped dress to go over it. "There now uh go get changed in the bathroom or something I'm gonna go see if they've already made breakfast."
I said to Gwen as she walked into the bathroom and I headed downstairs, I saw that my aunt had already made breakfast and was sitting at the table with my brother and uncle so I went over and sat down beside my brother and a empty chair, I pulled the plate that was already sat in front of me closer to me and looked over to see Gwen coming to sit down next to me. I noticed that there was also a plate in front of her chair too we all just ate in silence.
After we were done my brother suggested going to the park since there wasn't much to do.
"Can we please please please go?" He begged and my aunt just shook her head, "No it's way to early and you'd have to walk, but you can go play or swim out back or something?" His eyes widen once she said that "We have a pool?" he shouted my aunt nodded and he ran off and changed and I walked up stairs with Gwen searching through my closet for a swimsuit, I found one but nothing for Gwen so I gave her a bra and some shorts since we'd only be in the back yard it didn't matter. We both ran outback and jumped into the pool we stayed in there until Liam decided it was too cold and got out while we stayed in.
"So do you usually go swimming?" Gwen asked "Oh no we just got this house," she knew that she obviously wasn't referring to that, "but no I haven't gone swimming since last summer, what about you?" I asked answering her and then questioning her right after she just stared blankly at me before answering, "No I haven't gone swimming in about three years." She laughed I chuckled slightly and we stared and each other as she inched closer to me, "Hey we're friends right?" She asked I just nodded my smile fading slightly she got closer, "Wanna play a game, let's see who can stay underwater the longest we have to keep our eyes open under the water though,"
I was confused but nodded softly and she began again, "ready, go!" We both went underwater and we were done there for maybe 10 seconds before she got extremely close to me inch's away from my face, she seemed to have... kissed me?

Gwen pov:

I got closer to her and decided I would do it and maybe blame it on something I wasn't sure how I was play this off but I was, somehow.
I kissed her.
She rose from under the water and I did the same very worried about what I'd just done and what she'd think now. "What's wrong?" I asked trying to play dumb "Did you just... kiss me?" she questioned seemingly taken back, "W-what no or at least I didn't mean to?"
shit. I sounded fucking stupid, how do you not mean to kiss someone, how do you just accidentally kiss someone. She giggled as I panicked, "Okay clutz whatever, it's cool." She smiled I felt myself smiling back she got out the pool and I did the same, before we went inside she kissed me, what the fuck? So what does this mean does she like me are we dating now? I just meant her no I would I kiss her and then why would, what's wrong with me. We both ran up into her room and dried off and changed.
"Gwen, we're friends right?" She asked sitting down on the bed, next to me. Friends? We just kissed twice? Friends? "Yeah why wouldn't we be?" What the fuck. "Okay." She said laying down and I did the same as she turned over to me,
"But we kissed you know, I kissed you, Gwen I really like you so like-" "What?" I cut her off thinking aloud as she continued, "will you be my girlfriend?" she asked quickly I felt myself smile and I kissed her again, "Yes." I replied and we began making out before we heard knocking.
"Hey we're going to the store wanna go?" Liam asked opening the door part way, "No we will stay here, bye!" with that he shut the door and we just lied there in silence.
God I love this girl.

Hold up y'all just meant like a week ago huh 🤨

923 words