chapter five:new days

Gwen pov:

I sighed out as Finney poured some cereal for himself I grabbed some bread from the bread box and accidentally slammed it down while opening it I clenched my jaw and looked over to my dad "Sorry daddy." I said looking back to what I was doing I turned to Finney and did a fake fearful motion he smiled at me and I continued with what I was doing. After we were done we headed off to school I hung my head down the whole way there and Finney was silent too. Once we got there we saw everyone crowed around two people, Robin and some guy named Moose they were shouting at each other and I could hardly hear them when suddenly Moose swung at Robin and missed and Robin kicked him into a pole and then beat him up, he repeatedly punched him until his hand was bloody and so was the guys face. Finney pulled me away immediately. "Hey! I wanted to see that!" I said looking back but still walking with him, "No we're gonna be late." He replied, "That was Moose!" I said to him in a surprised tone "I don't care." he replied back with a slight smile we walked into school and headed to our lockers I looked over to Donnas locker, I missed her so much I really hope she's doing okay and that she gets out soon. I missed her so much.

Donna pov:

I ate the breakfast that the nurses had given me and I thanked them and then began eating, it was kinda dry but I had to eat after what happened. "Are you feeling better sweetheart?" A nurse asked me with a sweet smile on her face, "Yes I'm feeling much better thank you." I smiled at her and she nodded and left. I wish Gwen and Finney were here they were like my only friends at this point apparently because none of my other 'friends' showed up, and worst of it not even my brother showed up I knew my mom wouldn't but, maybe she was making sure my brother didn't see me I don't know why though, she could just come here with him to let him see me, and I know he would want to see me but my mom hates me more than anything I'm sure that she's actually happy I'm in here but I didn't care about her honestly she's just a dumbass bitch I hate her. I felt tears began to form in my eyes, my brother is all alone now without me, my mom could be hurting him right now and there's nothing I'd be able to do, I wouldn't be able to take him down to the tree to the park or anything, he's all alone.

Gwen pov:

It was second period now and I was super tired but Finney kept waking me up and telling me to pay attention and what not, after a while it was lunch time I sat down by Finney and Robin sat down too across from both of us. "Hey what's up?" Robin asked taking a bite out of the dried up pizza we were having for lunch. "Nothing, uh is your hand okay?" Finney asked him as he glanced down towards his hand Robin stop chewing for a second and then nodded and went back to eating, "Hey uh is your one friend okay? Donna right? Isn't she in the hospital or something, what happened?" Robin asked putting down his pizza and taking a drink of his milk "Oh yeah sh-" Finney began before I cut him off, "She's okay, and I'm sure that she wouldn't want us out here spreading her business like peanut butter on a sandwich." I said to him very quickly and seriously, I was annoyed I didn't want people talking about her even if it was just a simple question, they didn't need to know. "Okay then." He replied and finished his food and went to throw it away and Finney turned to me with a concerned look, "You okay?" He asked I turned to him and nodded and then threw away my food and went to sit back down when suddenly the bell rang Finney left to his next class with Robin and I went to mine, alone.

Finney pov:

I walked to class with Robin and waved bye to Gwen she must not have noticed me because she didn't wave back my smile slightly faded and I went into the class and sat by Robin as usual.
"So uh what's up with your sister today? She seemed very upset when I asked abou-" "Donna? Yeah she's very sad about what happened." I said to while him looking up at the board, "Well what happened?" He asked averting his eyes away from the board and over to me, "I don't know actually, and I don't know if Gwen knows either but I think she does." I replied back to him and looked directly at him and then back to my paper. I heard him mumbling something but I didn't hear anything that he had said, "Huh? What was that?" I asked him looking up towards him he looked at me and we locked eyes and he just shook his head and looked away, he's so cute, I mean weird I mean he's not cute like that's not how I would describe him, he's nice and handsome, not like that though, never mind.