Twelve

5k views??!!!! I don't deserve this at all!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
Anyways I am procrastinating on homework, so I decided to write a chapter for my wonderful readers <333

Previously...
"You drank it?"

You saw Shinobu flinch.

"Shinobu-san, why?"

The girl in question sighed and looked down at the floor. For once, she wasn't smiling.

"Don't worry, it doesn't harm my health in any way. You do not need to concern yourself with why I'm doing this."

"I don't need to... but I want to! Please let me help." You insisted. You knew Shinobu had been through a lot, losing her sister and having to take charge of the Butterfly Estate at such a young age. You had cried when you learned her backstory, back in the 21st century. Now that you're here in the anime, you wished to help her in any way you can.

"You're not alone, Shinobu-san!"

After a few seconds of silence, Shinobu spoke.

"Four years ago, my older sister was killed in a battle with upper moon two..." Her fists clenched and unclenched, reliving the pain of that memory, "It's simply unforgivable. That day, I swore to defeat him."

She continued, "In the past year, I've worked to gradually saturate my body with highly concentrated wisteria poison. That's what the poison you saw earlier was for."

"But... that means you're planning to..."

Shinobu smiled sadly, "I have learned the demon who killed my sister prefers to devour female humans. If I'm devoured, the dose of wisteria poison within my body will ensure his defeat."

"I don't think it's great to hold grudges... I wish I could find the right words to convince you to stop letting your anger slowly kill you from the inside..." You mumbled, "But I believe some things simply cannot be forgiven."

"I beg you to leave this only as last resort... Please don't just give up on your life like that. I promise to help you, and I will! Once you find that demon, I promise I'll be there to help you defeat him. But promise me you won't kill yourself, please."

A tired, but a genuine smile spread across the insect pillar's face, "I promise."
You smiled, too, "Yay!! It's a deal! Can I give you a hug?"

You learned to ask before you gave hugs, as you realized some people weren't comfortable with it.

"Sure."

You wrapped your arms around Shinobu's tiny figure and gave a light squeeze. You shook your head internally, you were way too emotionally invested with the characters in this world, there was no way you'd let any of them have anything but a happy ending.

Once you switched out of your lab coat and left the lab, you saw a familiar burgundy-haired boy ambling down the hall his clothes soaked with sweat. Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho were calling out to him while pulling on his sleeve.

"Ano (A/n: this is 'um' or 'excuse me' in Japanese)... Tanjiro-san?"

"Tanjiro-san!"

Seeing you, the girls frantically waved you over.

"Y/n-san! Do you know what happened to Tanjiro-san? He doesn't seem to be hearing us!"

"Ah, let me take care of that." You laughed, remembering this scene. Tanjiro must've just left his training. Sauntering over, you lightly wacked Tanjiro on the back of his head.

"Oi, earth to Tanjiro!!"

He jumped, finally breathing out of his trance. "O-oh, Y/n-chan!"

The three girls asked, a bit concerned, "Tanjiro-san, daijoubu desu ka? (A/n: this means 'are you alright?'. I shall teach you Japanese!!) We've been calling to you over and over!"

"I'm so sorry! I didn't hear you!! What's up?" Tanjiro replied apologetically, waving his hands around.

"U-um, here's a towel for you."

"Ahhh! Thank you so much! You're all so kind!" Tanjiro thanked the girls as he took the towel.

"Tanjiro-san, do you maintain total concentration breathing around the clock?" Kiyo asked.

"Eh?"

"Do you use total concentration breathing non-stop, during the morning, day, and all through the night while you sleep?"

I stifled a laugh at Tanjiro's terrified expression. Meanwhile, Tanjiro was horrified as he thought about what would happen if he tried doing that.

"N-no, I don't do that. Is it even possible?"

Kiyo beamed. She's so sweet I can't- "Yes! All the hashira, like Y/n-san, and also Kanao-san can do it."

"Wow! Really? Then I must learn it too!!" Tanjiro exclaimed.

"Y/n-chan, how did you do it? Please teach me!!"

I officially decide to adopt Tanjiro as my son.

"Of course!" You smiled, a bit too evilly.

And that is how Tanjiro found himself outside in the garden, practically dying, feeling like his head was falling apart and his eardrums were bursting.

"Well, it seems like the longest you can hold Constant Total Concentration Breathing for right now is..." You studied the pockwatch you were using. Taisho era Japan did not have electronic watches, so you had to actually read a clock, which you were very not used to, "...one minute."

Aside from Tanjiro's rehabilitation training, you made him run laps, lift weights, and do all kinds of exercises to strengthen his body and his lungs, so that he can handle Total Concentration Breathing, Constant.

You also asked Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho to assit Tanjiro to maintain Total Concentration Breathing throughtout the night. (a.k.a wacking him with a stick every five seconds)

Currently you were watching as Tanjiro was running around the garden of the butterfly mansion, occasionally chanting, "HARD WORRRK!!!!!"

You were happy to see how hard Tanjiro is working.

You sat down cross-legged on the ground, under the shade of the house. You knew you had pretty much trained yourself and your winter breathing technique to perfection. But the better you get, the less room there is to improve.

At least that's what you told yourself to excuse yourself for training.

Just then, the hairs on the back of your neck stood up. Well that's a familiar feeling.

You were being watched.

❄️ To be continued 🌨️

Taisho secret(s)
(A/n: please accept this as a sincere apology from me for not updating for three weeks!! High school is hard T^T)

Author: Perhaps Inosuke is rubbing off on Y/n, she frequently challenges the Hashira to duels. Currently the only people who can beat her are Gyomei, Sanemi, and Rengoku.

Y/n is the second youngest Hashira, she is 15, one year older than Muichiro.

During Y/n and Tanjiro's time training together under Urokodaki, he wrote a lot about her in his journal. For instance...

Tanjiro: "H-hey! Give it back!!"