Eight

Hello! I am so so sorry for not updating in such a long time!!! I had absolutely no idea I could manage to be busy even over summer break. I'm taking four different classes, volunteering, and I have swim practice six days a week plus I have swim meets so I was kinda overwhelmed...

Anyway, enough of my rant. You all may have noticed, I reworked the recent chapters since I thought they were horrible, which is also part of the reason why I took so long to update.

Here is the reworked chapter 8, I'll also be posting chapter 9 right after this!! (Sorry for such a long A/N, thanks for coming to my TED Talk, I guess??)

Previously...

"Let us now actually begin our Hashira Meeting."

You all went inside for the meeting. It was a spacious traditional Japanese room lit by two dim lanterns. Two white-haired girls, the Master's daughters knelt on either side of the Master, while the Hashira sat in seiza position, facing him. You sat in the front, to the side by Muichiro, with your sword resting on the ground by your side and your hands in your lap.

"Just as you've all reported," Oyakata-sama got straight to the point, talking in his calm, soothing voice, "the demon's carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been. We'll have to bolster the ranks of the Demon Slayers. What do you all think?"

Sanemi started complaining about how most of the new slayers were incompetent, and that many of them didn't follow orders on Mt. Natagumo.

You chimed in, "Perhaps it's because of how the trainers are training them. I've noticed that the Mizunotos I've met on the recent mission was not taught Total Concentration Breathing: constant. I'm not sure about you guys, but I had to learn to do it around the clock right after I was able to master Total Concentration Breathing."

"Interesting. Well, that is a good point, we should make sure whether or not the trainers are teaching properly."

The Hashira discussed this a little further. When the topic of the appearance of lower moon five was brought up, the Master said, "The fact that lower five made such a drastic move probably means that Muzan is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo. After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's really quite frustrating."

"But those demons are freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving. For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe among you Hashiras who are present today, I've assembled the finest unit since the first breathing swordsmen of the feudal era..."

"...Uzui Tengen, Rengoku Kyojuro, Kocho Shinobu, Kanroji Mitsuri, Tokito Muichiro, Himejima Gyomei, Shinazugawa Sanemi, Iguro Obanai, Tomioka Giyu, L/n Y/n..."

"...My children, I look forward to your success."

WHY IS OYAKATA-SAMA SO GOOD AT SPEECHES??? You could almost hear the background music as he spoke.

The Hashira discussed other topics, Murata gave a report of the mission on Mt. Natagumo(poor boy, he was shaking so badly), regions everyone was responsible for protecting were confirmed, as well as salaries(damn Hashiras are paid as much as they want. You're gonna be rich!!!)...

"I have one lasting thing to talk about today. I would like to address something Shinobu had informed me about from the mission at Mt. Natagumo. Is it true that you can foresee the future, Y/n?" The Master asked you.